Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people! was surfing the net today at work and came across this site, everyone seems really friendly and it's full of usefull info. so i thought i'd register. I bought myself an 03 zx636r 2 weeks ago and absolutley loving it!! This is my 2nd 'fast' bike, my last one being a triumph daytona 650 which didn't feel anywhere as near as good as this, flat out has never been so fun :) .
Anyways main reason im posting this is 'cos I want to change my shifter so it's GP style 1 up 5 down (obv.) but before I crack open the tools I was wondering if anyone else has done it on an 03-04 and if it's different to 05 onwards? I checked the other 2 threads on the subject and they seem to be geared towards the later model. Having a look at the bike im not sure if turning the selector lever (couldn't think of a better name for it lol) 180 degrees will hit against the casing. I notice in one of the other threads it suggests a couple of washers to space it out a little, will it still be secure enough? Don't really fancy riding home stuck in a certain gear if it falls off lol.
cheers for any help.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i have an '03 6 too mate, not done the GP shifter thing though but often thought about it.
I believe you CAN do it to our model with no probs.

JUST DON'T FORGET WHICH WAY IS UP WHEN RIDING!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
im currently attempting to change to 1up5down on my 03' 6r.i found if you turn you selector 180 degrees or to the 12 o'clock position it fouls on the sprocket cover,so ive cut a section out of the cover and i will trial fit this w/end,i think ive cut too much out,does'nt matter just won another cover off ebay for £4.99

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome to the zone mate!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the zone, lol. He's been here since July 2007.

Sir nose just raised a thread from the dead.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah if you turn it 180 degrees up it will work but you will have to cut a hole out so that the speedo sensor still works

·
Registered
133 Posts
took the bike for a run today with the gears 1up5down and i reckon with a bit of fine adjustment to the rearsets i might be able to get the gearchange sweet,problem is the lever is a little high for upshifts (lever down) and a little low for down shifts (lever up) i did drop down to 4th when i meant to go to 6th once bad weather on the way now so the funs over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts