Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello KAWI WORLD,

Im having issues with my rear lights...When i turn left my right rear light comes on and when i go right my left one doesnt work at all. It might be a simple fix and i might sound stupid but i have to learn from somewhere lol.

THanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now is that like a easy fix i can do or shop work? i was trying to find some youtube vids to help me out...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you talking about break lights or turn signals. Your lights shouldn't come on at all if you turn unless you pressed either the break or turn signal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
the only thing a shop is good for it engine damage... everything else can be done at home. Unless your a mechanical genius and can do engines.

The wires are probably unpluged/ crossed... Depending on the year because i dont know on other models but on the 07 08 you have to take the tail plastic off then all the wires are right there. it takes me 5 min to take off my tail piece to expose the wires

Reactions: SUAAAVE

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Do you have a tail tighty? Probably in the rewire they got mixed up. Does it also do the same in the front? And the one not blinking is probably a burnt bulb. Do you have a turbo blinker on the cluster?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hello KAWI WORLD,

Im having issues with my rear lights...When i turn left my right rear light comes on and when i go right my left one doesnt work at all. It might be a simple fix and i might sound stupid but i have to learn from somewhere lol.

THanks again.
Bring it over to my place ill fix it for you. Im probably not far from u

Reactions: SUAAAVE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its my blinkers...... @magoogle where are you located???? i wish i knew more lingo but im studying my manual now and i bought this bike about 3 months ago from a guy and i cant remeber what all he said is put into the bike.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Its a wiring problem, you have to get to the wires and take a picture and show us. something is crossed somewhere, thats the only way the right would turn on when you want to turn left.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ill post some pics prob later today or early tomorrow......

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
shouldn't be very hard to fix at all if it's just crossed wires, good luck man and send us a few pictures if you still don't get it and we'll figure it out :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Centreville va. I'm free will like 5 so swing by its nice out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts