Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wussup people..just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone..

i just found this site and it seems rather interesting..so far so good..

ill try to post pics of the crotch rocket later..its an 02 ninja zx-6r..it has a D&D pipe, integrated tail, red flush mount blinkers, and a couple of other things im probably forgetting..i love the bike and love riding..i do however have a couple of questions..

1. Whats better to do on wheels in everyones opinion?? is it better to powder coat or to paint wheels??
- the reason i ask is because im debating on doin either gold or copper wheels very very soon and i seem to keep finding myself stumped as to which route to go with..so any suggestions would be highly apprciated..

2. My bike is red so which color, in ur opion would look best--Gold or Copper??

3. does anyone have pics of a red bike (any kind kawasaki, yamaha, suzuki, honda, etc., doesnt matter) with gold or copper wheels??

i really need your help with this so any info would be great..

once again hello to all..and to all -- ride safe..

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome to the site.

1. Powdercoat, paint will chip away, especially when you install new tires.
2. Black I would think would look better than either color.
3. I don't have any pics of a red bike at all, sorry.

I think red would look great with all black bits and pieces, including black wheels with a red rim stripe. Just my .02

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot slow50..

i appreciate the welcome as well as the response..i agree with the balck but for some reason i keep feeling this Gold or Copper thing..maybe i will lean over to the black more but to be honest i was looking for more contrast..like the wheels vs. the bike..u knwo wut i mean??

no doubt about black, and i know it would look good as i have seen a couple of bikes that are red with black wheels..but im just really curious to see wut a red red bike would look like with copper or gold wheels..

but either way thank for the welcome onto the site and for ur response..its very appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot raized1199..i appreciate the welcome and ur comment..

i think it would look good to but i am yet to see a red bike with gold wheels which is why im hesitating..

i know the black would look good, like slow50 mentioned, but at the same i wanna do things a little different but would really like to see how it would look before i take that step and go ahaed and do the gold or copper..

but either way thanks raized1199

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
welcome to the site, i say powdercoat and as for the gold i got pics of black and gold and other colors but not red, but i will look around for you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey wutsup guys..sorry i didnt post all weekend, it was a little hectic for me and didnt exactly have a lot of time on my hands..

thanks for all the replys so far..very good to hear everyones opinions..i really apppreciate everyone taking a couple of minutes to respond to my post..thanks a lot guys..

alor - thank u so much for that pic..although the bike is half red and half gray it still helpos cuz it gives me an idea of how the gold looks on the red..thanks a lot and im def liking how it will/might look..thanks a lot buddy..i really appreciate it..

im suppose to drop off my wheels either later this week or earlier next week and it take about 1 to 2 weeks to do so ill kepp everyone posted..

as for the pics i didnt get enough time to come on this weekend but ill try to post some sometime tonight when i get home..

thanks for all the comments guys and safe riding to all

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
well keep the pics coming. no prob on the pic and sry i couldnt find a all red bike but i will keep trying this weekend, got school all this week

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
either way thanks for the help with the pic that you already posted..i like the way it looks..

do u have nay pics of any red bikes with black wheels?? just so maybe i can have an idea of how it would look with black wheels?? that would be hott too.

or does anyone in gerenal have any pics of red bikes with black wheels??

thanks in adance guys..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts