Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and just thought i'd say hi. i'm a proud owner of a bright green 05 zx6r. i have a couple questions about it though... first what is considered overheating, the bike didn't come with the manual so i was hoping someone would share. second, i was looking into a
yoshimura rs-5 carbon can, anyone have good things to say or recommend something else? thanks for your help! btw great site!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The radiator fan doesn't come on till about 120 degrees celcius if I can recall. Mine sits on 60-80 degrees whilst riding, depending on the temp that day. If the fan has to come on then it's probably not such a good thing. Mine has only come on once before and I was sitting in some bad traffic.

I'm an 04 girl so I cant comment on the Yoshi situation. They do make quality pipes though and everyone that has one on the 05/06's are happy. They just stick out a little far for my tastes.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome aboard!. Quarkz nailed your question about the engine heat as long as you stay below 120 celcius your fine. As for your question about the yoshi, a buddy of mine as the very can you descrbed and he really likes it, sounds good to!.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome:banana

btw its normal for the fan to come on in heavy traffic, that's what its there for:thumbup

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
Welcome to the site. We have a file vault manual online. :) just browse through it freely!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the replys. someone had told one of my friends that his bike was starting to overheat if it got above 200 so i wasn't sure. also can anyone recommend any frame sliders that will not require modification of the body work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new also, but welcome anyways :thumbup
I was also thinking of getting a new pipe on mine. Can't figure out if I want the Yoshi or Two Brothers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all these exhaust choices can make a guy go mad! same with frame sliders... what is the sign of a good set of frame sliders. i figure if it seems real cheap on ebay its not worth even using.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts