Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

newb from seattle

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  chrisowski 
#1 ·
Hey all! I've been on here looking and reading tons and tons of posts and then was getting jealous looking at all the other pictures that I wanted to hop on and show my love for the zx6r as well.

Awesome community and I've been learning so much from just reading everyone's threads. Thanks for the info and I hope you guys like the pics of the bike. I just got her about a month ago and have yanked off plastics, new tail light, slammed in the jumper mod, went to a 14-tooth front (the prior had 9 out of 15 broken! WTF with the previous owner!) so I went ahead with a new chain and just did oil today. Also picked up the stands because I will need tires soon and definitely cheaper to take the tires in one by one! Ordered a GPR stabilizer but then was told they were out of stock and will have to refund my money. Bummer. Looking around at others, I really feel like I need one!

Before this bike I had a '97 zx750 but due to some nasty road and tank slappers I put her down. Rebuilt and then sold it after the engine lost compression. Then I had a '93 CBR 1000 which felt like a cruiser compared to this bike. I must say, I miss the comfort of the old beast!

I hope you like the bike and I'm glad to say hello from Seattle! If you are in town and want to go for a ride let me know!

The baby:

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got her about a month ago and have yanked off plastics, new tail light, slammed in the jumper mod, went to a 14-tooth front (the prior had 9 out of 15 broken! WTF with the previous owner!) so I went ahead with a new chain and just did oil today.
Welcome to the site Bud, nice pics, nice bike. The previous owner was either really dumb or just didn't care about his bike, he's probably riding a Gixxer now ha ha ha

Make yourself at home :thumbup

#6 ·
nice site! best deal I've seen on the Scott's so far! any recommendations for race pants? jeans don't cut it, but they are so flippin expensive! just picked up some sidi boots off craigslist though. dude wore them twice! half off is a good deal.

#7 ·
#12 ·
Welcome to the forum mare, super clean ride

#13 · (Edited)
Hello and welcome. Sitting pretty over there! I have that same rear stand....

#19 ·
Clean Bike just across the sound if you ever want to ride.

#23 ·
Welcome aboard, beautiful bike you have there.
Someone is quite good with a camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.