Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So this Monday I got my 2013 ZX6R! I love it!!!!! I had a ninja 300 but outgrew the motor super quick!

I can't get over the power! Its surreal! Just wanted to introduce myself and wondering if there was anyone from Miami Florida. :)

Here is a pic of my new lady! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome to the team!

Reactions: maxmb83

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome! I have the same bike/year as you. It's a beautiful machine man just respect the new power at first. Like Spider-man's unc said "with great power comes great responsibility."

Oh and I just installed the two brothers silver series m-2 slip on and it sounds awesome! Just an FYI if you're still looking for an exhaust.

Reactions: jhkuse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! I have the same bike/year as you. It's a beautiful machine man just respect the new power at first. Like Spider-man's unc said "with great power comes great responsibility."

Oh and I just installed the two brothers silver series m-2 slip on and it sounds awesome! Just an FYI if you're still looking for an exhaust.
Clay, i noticed in your bike pic you got the green sticker on the rim. In my ninja 300 that i just sold it had that green lime sticker and it looks AWESOME! Where did you get it, i'd love to put those on.

And I just ordered the default exhaust which i got super cheap from a friend (didn't want to spend the 500+ that the premium exhaust cost.) But is it really worth it?

I would love to hear your opinions. I got the original bc i got a super cheap deal and mine had it missing when i bought it but would love to hear some feedback.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Clay, i noticed in your bike pic you got the green sticker on the rim. In my ninja 300 that i just sold it had that green lime sticker and it looks AWESOME! Where did you get it, i'd love to put those on.

And I just ordered the default exhaust which i got super cheap from a friend (didn't want to spend the 500+ that the premium exhaust cost.) But is it really worth it?

I would love to hear your opinions. I got the original bc i got a super cheap deal and mine had it missing when i bought it but would love to hear some feedback.
Regarding my rim tape the brand name is called CustomTaylor and I've only seem them sold on amazon so far. They are meant to be highly reflective which gives the bike a really cool (to me) Tron-esque look (especially at night but even in the day time as my profile pic shows) I love mine. The only down side to me is that when they are not reflecting light the green is slightly darker than Normal Kawi green but it still matches the bike well.

As far as the exhaust it definitely does give it a deeper sound and a little more pep in the motor but it's really not necessary if you got a good deal on the stock pipe. Especially if you're a bit tight on money I wouldn't worry about the exhaust yet there's a lot of other upgrades you can do that are cheaper and just as rewarding.

Reactions: jhkuse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regarding my rim tape the brand name is called CustomTaylor and I've only seem them sold on amazon so far. They are meant to be highly reflective which gives the bike a really cool (to me) Tron-esque look (especially at night but even in the day time as my profile pic shows) I love mine. The only down side to me is that when they are not reflecting light the green is slightly darker than Normal Kawi green but it still matches the bike well.

As far as the exhaust it definitely does give it a deeper sound and a little more pep in the motor but it's really not necessary if you got a good deal on the stock pipe. Especially if you're a bit tight on money I wouldn't worry about the exhaust yet there's a lot of other upgrades you can do that are cheaper and just as rewarding.
Great tips!! I'll definitely check the tape out on amazon. You happen to have more pics of your bike to see???

And what other upgrades would you recommend??

thanks once again!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Great tips!! I'll definitely check the tape out on amazon. You happen to have more pics of your bike to see???

thanks once again!
An HID light kit would be cool. That's what I'm getting next. Also if you haven't yet get tank grips/protectors. You already have the fendor eliminator, custom levers are always cool looking. Also I'm getting a k&n air filter installed soon you may want to think about getting one as well. And if you haven't yet I would change out the oil and coolant. Also get your chain and sprockets checked out in case they need replacing or tightening.

Here's a pic of Shinobi during my first ride with her before installing the rim tape fendor eliminator or exhaust. Pretty much stock at this point.

This is a good pic showing how the rim tape works even in daylight when light hits them vs. no light. The bike is sitting in my garage in the middle of the day and the only light hitting it is the flash from my iPhone and you can still see a lot of illumination. The top pic is how they look without light hitting them. Also this is before installing the pipe and fendor eliminator.

Finally the current version with the two bros pipe and fendor eliminator installed. Next for me is K&N filter with HID kit.

·
Registered
323 Posts

thanks once again!
Here's a pic of my rim tape at night I just took (i said I would post some earlier). Still sitting in the same spot in my garage this time at night and still only being lit up by my iPhone camera. The brighter the light that hits them the more they shine. So you could imagine a car headlight would really light em up.

I have a video of me riding it at night while being recorded with the same iPhone flash only but I just have to figure out how to post a vid.

·
Registered
232 Posts
outgrew a 300? how long have you been riding? I have seen people drag knee on tight corners on a 250..... great to learn skills on then step up

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Fort Laud. I don't make it down to Miami often but there's a lot of riders down there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An HID light kit would be cool. That's what I'm getting next. Also if you haven't yet get tank grips/protectors. You already have the fendor eliminator, custom levers are always cool looking. Also I'm getting a k&n air filter installed soon you may want to think about getting one as well. And if you haven't yet I would change out the oil and coolant. Also get your chain and sprockets checked out in case they need replacing or tightening.

Here's a pic of Shinobi during my first ride with her before installing the rim tape fendor eliminator or exhaust. Pretty much stock at this point.

This is a good pic showing how the rim tape works even in daylight when light hits them vs. no light. The bike is sitting in my garage in the middle of the day and the only light hitting it is the flash from my iPhone and you can still see a lot of illumination. The top pic is how they look without light hitting them. Also this is before installing the pipe and fendor eliminator.

Finally the current version with the two bros pipe and fendor eliminator installed. Next for me is K&N filter with HID kit.

I totally agree! An HID light kit would be cool. Do you have any in mind in particular? I was searching the web and noticed there were tons of options, wouldn’t even know where to begin. Do you know of any reliable and reasonably priced one?

Now regarding the Tank pro protector, I already have one, I think in the pic I posted you can’t see it. Here’s a few more.
The K&N air filter is definitely a must, I googled it and on the K&N website it goes for like $85 bucks and the oil filter goes for like 15.99 but on Amazon I found them both for a total of $50 (new).

Regarding the coolant and oil change I got it done the very first day I got the bike (this Monday). They also checked the sprockets and chain (chain was a little loose he said and he fixed it).

Regarding your pics that you mention in your replies, I CANT see any of them. I saw the url and when i click it nothing shows up. Try to upload them as an attachment with the little clip. (To see the little clip, when you hit reply, hit the button that says “advanced” because that’s how you get all the options including the little clip. With the little clip super easy you just post it right into your response just like the picture i posted right now.

And about the video you riding at night, your best bet would be to upload on youtube and just paste her the link.

Thanks a million Clay!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i always dreamed of moving to miami. is it really expensive down there like they say? if i knew i could score a good paying job down there id prob make the move
Hey 97grnrs!

To be honest with you i wouldn't know bc i can't compare it to any other state in the US but i mean like you said if you get a decent paying job you should be good. The good thing is the weather is awesome year round so its perfect for riding. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
outgrew a 300? how long have you been riding? I have seen people drag knee on tight corners on a 250..... great to learn skills on then step up
I had the 300 for like 3 months but i think im a special situation since prior to my 1st street bike (the 300) i used to race motocross for almost a decade so my skills were very well placed, i just needed to get acquainted with riding in traffic and on streets and that was fairly quick.

But i agree, its best to start with a 300 and then step up, best way to have a smooth learning curve.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts