Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm the new owner of a 2007 Zx6r. Sorry for the long story, but I want you to to know this bike.

I believe in fate, and things are meant to be, and I'll tell you why. I don't tell a lot of people this story, and I'll explain to you why it means so much to me. Back in 2011, my cousins who were brothers, and like brothers to me, both took their lives 3 months apart to the day . That was a very dark sad part of my life. The day Tylor committed suicide, I spent the entire day with him. I came over, because I loved to ride his motorcycle. We were still grieving over his brother. He had recently broke his foot, and shoulder . I helped him get dressed, and I took his bike out for a spin . We talked all day about things that would give you the chills. I left him, and 30 minutes later he called 911, and killed himself. When he passed, I asked to buy his bike. His mom wasn't ready, the timing wasn't right . More importantly I wasn't ready . She ended up selling it to someone else , and I had to live with that, and accept it. This bike was the world to me. I rode it in his funeral line last, and I knew it had to be mine. I wrote the buyer 6 years ago and said " If you ever sell this bike.. please get ahold of me " Fast forward 6 years, he messages me. He said I remembered this message are you still interested? I said definitely. I know I'm strong enough , and ready now. I signed the paperwork Tuesday, and rode it home. His dad gave me his riding bag as well. I gave up at one point. Tylor made this happen for me. The irony of it.. In the bottom of an old box I haven't touched in years, is a spare key to that exact bike, he gave me so many years ago. I knew one day I'd get to use it. These are pictures of him. The ones at the end in the dark, are the first pictures I took when I got it home. Thank you for reading.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts