Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Which 3 ZX6R's?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I had an idea all of a sudden, and I wanted to both gauge interest and see what everyone thought. I was thinking if mods updated the 3 bikes above the ZX6R.com logo up above the home button, the picture could show a little more progression/style change from throughout the zx6r years. Figured that would be a pretty cool idea, and since this is the zx6r forum (and I wanted to make this poll simple) I left out the ZZR and the E's. No offence to the owners at all, just didn't want to take the extra time. IF you want to vote, there are some example pics down below, and I was thinking maybe if we had enough votes for the top 3, a change could actually happen.

95-97

98-99

00-02

03-04

05-06

07-08

09-12

13-14

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Love the idea :bigthumb: ...never going to happen tho :no

Have permission from the photographers to use their photos in this way?
pretty sure if you put your images in a place where google images can find them, you are essentially giving up your rights to them (not legally, of course), but you might as well :O

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have permission from the photographers to use their photos in this way?
NO I just used pics from the internet for examples. The real thing would have to be posed or something. Just thought having a poll would be cool if we could persuade the mods/main dudes to change it up :O

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Don't be mad cause your dinosaur 96 doesn't get any love on the top of the page :nana:

Oh, and maybe change the 98-99 picture to a stock color scheme and not what looks to be a denver broncos paint scheme.

But anyways, I like the current 3 bikes up there. Keeps it somewhat new age instead of having old bikes which aren't nearly as pretty. Maybe 05-06, 09-12, and 13-14

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't be mad cause your dinosaur 96 doesn't get any love on the top of the page :nana:

Oh, and maybe change the 98-99 picture to a stock color scheme and not what looks to be a denver broncos paint scheme.

But anyways, I like the current 3 bikes up there. Keeps it somewhat new age instead of having old bikes which aren't nearly as pretty. Maybe 05-06, 09-12, and 13-14
I know what you mean by the newer style, but I wanted to see if there was any interest in whether an older bike, middle aged bike, and new bike would be popular, in order to see just how advanced the zx has gotten over the years. I personally think the 96 or 99, 04, and 14 would be a cool tone up there, but like you said, it does look alright the way it is. I'm always for change though.

Also, They should still be OEM schemes up there, I just used the pics for reference. OEM all the way

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Love the idea :bigthumb: ...never going to happen tho :no

pretty sure if you put your images in a place where google images can find them, you are essentially giving up your rights to them (not legally, of course), but you might as well :O
As an amateur photographer (at best) I would be upset if someone used my photographs for a website without asking. Legally it is not allowed however it is very, very difficult to stop. With that said, Brandon said he is just using them for examples so no harm no foul. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
As an amateur photographer (at best) I would be upset if someone used my photographs for a website without asking. Legally it is not allowed however it is very, very difficult to stop. With that said, Brandon said he is just using them for examples so no harm no foul. :D
Here in Canada the copyright is assumed to be of the person who snapped the photo.

But anyways, between all the member in this forum I'm sure we could get good shots of each model.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah, It look like the new 14's, the 12's, and the 06's are in the lead. I'd actually like to see the 04's in the lead over the 12's... but hey, unless this could become a legit photo change opportunity, it's still a cool thought eh?

And as for copy right infringement, these are just examples of the bikes that were placed there as a convenience so the style could be seen. Also, who hasn't ever posted a picture from Google because they fear copy right laws :O

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think it's fine how it is... I'm sure you will want to change it again if you get a new bike. Update your ride not try to change the website.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it's fine how it is... I'm sure you will want to change it again if you get a new bike. Update your ride not try to change the website.
Wasn't because of my bike, or the fact that I think my bike is the shiz... I was just looking at the picture and figured the year difference was minimal and that the 06 and 08 just look very similar and yada yada. If I get a new bike, I'll still have this one lol.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts