Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to pick up my new black zx6r 600 on sat and ive been looking on the net for a rear hugger and a seat pod the only huggers ive seen are quite Square and id like one that sits close to the tire anybody got any ideas where i can get the seat pod and hugger from ??.
Also been reading about the side stand making bike stand up to straight with a chance of falling over :O, Has anybody tryed cutting the foot of the stand making it shorter then welding foot back on if someone has how much did you cut out :confused ???
Colin

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
hi mate get a hugger from powerbrooze which ive got fitted on mine. the seat cowl got from kawasaki 95 pounds and hugger was 65 pounds.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi there, I wouldn't be cutting and welding the stand. I heard that you can just swap with an older model stand and even ZZR stands. Thats what I heard anyways.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hya, Apparently changing the stand for an older model does not make a difference, Errr..... I think Horsegun tried it? not sure

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just picked it up form the shop and got it home when i get the grin off my face ill have a good look at the stand but from what ive seen it looks a easy job cutting 1/4 in off the stand and welding foot back on
colin

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeh I tried an early ZX6R stand but it was the exact same as the existing one…. Heard a stand from a ZZR will do the job but cant be arsed to risk having 2 wrong stands sat in my garage. Enjoy your new machine Colin and post some photos :cool

Cool enjoy your new bike buddy, I know I do ( Mine that is )
Thought you would be out riding today, its lovely around here.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had i quick ride ride out :)) looking at the stand i think i think the thickness of a grinding disk will be just about right so cut thru stand next to the foot and weld it back on ill let you know how it goes.
First thing i noticed was how easy it goes round slow corners compered to my old F3 zx6r
colin

·
Registered
900 Posts
Glad your liking it, keep it shiny side up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts