Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps getting some new rubber this week.
Fancy a change from Bridgestone BT014 had them for 3 sets now, dont get me wrong good tyre but only 2000miles out of a rear is not great.
Tempted by some Dunlop Qualifiers anyone running these?
Wanna keep the 120/65 profile on the front cos thats what my set-up is now dont wanna drop my forks.
Any advice folks? 2005 636 by the way

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just replaced my rear tyre (Bridgestone BT014) last week after 9000km (5625miles). I thought they were very good in comparison to the Dunlops I used on other bikes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went from the stock BT014 to Pilot Power 2CTs with a 170 front. Didn't raise the forks in the clamps either. No noticeable difference at all except a little more stability and I have not had any headshake like I did with the 65 front previously. Don't assume that you "must" raise the forks, it really isn't required and the bike will still handle exceptionally well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I run Dunlop Qual's and i cant rave about them enough, they have a set out at the moment with one of treads missing at even intervals 'MAX TYRE TO ROAD CONTACT' they used them in the 6oocc cup series and now you can get them for your ninja. Dunlop for me!

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you like the bridgestones! then you should check out the all new BT-021. This new tire gives you the preformance of the 014 but the milage of the 020. I'm currently using 020's and they even give me great milage and performance.:thumbup

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pilot Powers all the way....

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
...Tempted by some Dunlop Qualifiers anyone running these?
Wanna keep the 120/65 profile on the front cos thats what my set-up is now dont wanna drop my forks.
Any advice folks? 2005 636 by the way
I JUST put a set of Qualifiers on and they are great!
I even got a "racers discount" at my local dealer.
They will more than likely be my next set also.
Oh, you wont notice the size difference.
(maybe in here:coocoo )

·
Registered
124 Posts
I love my Metzeler M3's. Very sticky, and I have about 3500 miles on the rear right now, I think it'll last about 5000 miles before I gotta change it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the good advise guys. Still waiting for my front headstock stand to come in the post to take my wheels off, so gonna be next week now before I get my new rubber. Need my 4000miles service as well so gonna be an expensive month. So keep the comments coming

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I stand by my Pilot Powers. I've got the 2CT's on at the moment and they're awesome. I probably wouldn't use anything other than Powers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
how do the 2ct compare? i have heard grumblings that the sides are too soft and when you go from the "harder" middle to the soft, the bike has a tendancy to fall over more and cause some nasty low sides

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Doesn't feel any different to the normal PP's. Granted I haven't taken it for a 'real' ride since getting them on but I have taken them to the edge and they haven't shown any sign of breaking traction or slipping. Maybe the grumblings come from brand new tyre owners? A new tyre will fall in very aggressively until they are broken in

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ya, what Quarkz said. I've had 2CTs for a while now and never had any issues. Just replaced the rear with a new one and should be replacing the front fairly soon too. For now, its my favorite tire for the street.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts