Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from eastern Virginia!
Just did my first track day on a new (to me) ZX6R track bike. I'd read that these handle great and this one is particularly sweet as it's got lightweight Marchesini wheels. The bike is stunning throughout - engine, handling, and braking all terrific compared to anything else I've ridden.
I spent $40 to have the track day suspension expert make adjustments after the first session b/c the bike bobbled every time I shifted my weight. I wasn't sure suspension adjustment would solve that problem, but in 5 minutes, the guy totally stabilized the bike everywhere on the track regardless of what I was doing.
When a guy can make that kind of difference that fast, you aren't paying him for the time spent doing the job, you're paying him for the years he spent learning how to do it that well and that fast. He didn't even have to ask my weight, which I'd always been told was essential for proper adjustment but maybe from experience he had a good idea just from looking at me.
Have signed on for a track class the end of the month & they require that the coolant be drained and replaced with water.
The previous owner thought when I got the Armor Body fairings off, I'd find a drain plug at the bottom of the radiator but not only is there not one there, I don't see any other obvious place to drain the cooling system.
I don't have a manual, can someone tell me the correct way to drain and refill the system to the correct level?
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
greetings from richmond! right smack dab in the middle... sorta. lol

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Please post up some pics! it's tradition!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Peep the service manual forum to get the correct service manual for the year ZX6R you have. It will break down how to drain and refill it. Grab some water wetter too.

What year ZX and what track were you at? +1 on the bike pics, esp the rims!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was at Summit Point main with NESBA. This group does a great job!
Thanks for the link on draining the coolant - I plan to run Motul Mocool.
I'll post photos first chance I get. What I have will probably have to be reduced in size to post.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
If you were there Sunday and I assume B group then lemme know your bike number and color. My girl was taking random photos.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oKayH - bike is predominately black and has the #49 on the wind screen. Easiest way to spot me though is I am almost certain I was the only rider there on Sunday wearing yellow leathers.

The forum requires a URL for a photo... haven't run into that before. My photos are on my computer, so how do I enter a URL for that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts