Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All,

I am new to this site, and new to a 03 zx6r 636. I love this bike, the looks and feel but i have a couple questions. First, my clutch is incredibly hard. Is this normal??? My 95 zx 6 is way easier to pull on. I don't think it is the cable because when I took pressure off of the cable it feels fine. Also, the front end seems really heavy. What is the best way to take weight off of the front?? Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
My clutch is also very, very heavy. It's incredibly hard to pull in and gives my wrists a fair workout. It needs lubing a lot more than any other bike I've owned. I only just figured out how to oil it myself the other day. After it's oiled it will pull like a college frat boy.

What do you mean by front end feels heavy?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
welcome to the zone :cheers

as far as the front end "feeling heavy" check your tire pressure. On every bike i've owned, if the front tire pressure is low, the bike feels heavy when turning. A little goes a long way, i'm talking only 3psi off or so I can feel the difference.

-:banana

·
Registered
604 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

Thanks alot for the welcome. I will definately check the psi. I did just order a new bt 014 the old one is looking pretty rough. Its not really a bad thing cause it feels more stuck to the road in the corners. I am probably just not used to it yet. I just bought the bike a week ago.. And today it is snowing.... What the hell?????? So needless to say I havent had a lot of seat time on this new beast. so again thanks alot guys!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
welcome home new 636 0wner,dont bother looking for more ninja sites trust me this is the one and only to be in ,i also own a 03 636 its the best even my wife wonts one should be getting hers soon a 06 limited edition silver with flames good looking girls bike ,last of the 636 family once again welcome and have a happy easter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts