Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finally got on a forum! I bought my 1995 zx6r this past spring with only 7k miles on her! She runs great, honestly keeps up about dead even with my buddies R6! If anyones got suggestions as to what i should do first let me know!

This week i am replacing a snapped clutch cable and changing my oil. In the next few weeks i plan to install a KnN air filter, repack my exhaust, change the spark plugs, and polish up all the plastic and metal. If anyone has any suggestions on anything besides the oil change it will be my first time doing all of these so any input would be greatly appreciated.

DYLAN

Attachments

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
being that the miles are super low, make sure the tires and all fluids (oil, coolant, break fluid) are good. Also take a look at the break lines make sure they're in good condition. pretty much do TCLOCS (though that something you should do before every ride), if you don't know what that is check this link out.

http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/t-clocsinspectionchecklist.pdf

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Is it just me or does it look gixxer-ish with a quick glance

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Hello new user to our forum :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
being that the miles are super low, make sure the tires and all fluids (oil, coolant, break fluid) are good. Also take a look at the break lines make sure they're in good condition. pretty much do TCLOCS (though that something you should do before every ride), if you don't know what that is check this link out.

http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/t-clocsinspectionchecklist.pdf
thanks for the advice lil 636, forgot to mention that after i got it LAST spring (2011) and did the routine checklist i put a lot of miles on her, it has about 14k now so i'm trying to figure out what all needs to be done (some people insist on a thorough inspection around 12k)

thanks for the welcome thug, torino, and aaron!

yeah rodas it does look a bit gixxer like, has the bulky body like the 03-04 gixxers. Fine by me a gixxer might be my next bike in a few years

streethawk you made me LOL she is a cougar indeed.....your profile GIF made me laugh even harder :D

Can you "quote" multiple threads in a single post? Why do i not have a picture next to my post like you guys do? Like i said i'm a NEWB

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
thanks for the advice lil 636, forgot to mention that after i got it LAST spring (2011) and did the routine checklist i put a lot of miles on her, it has about 14k now so i'm trying to figure out what all needs to be done (some people insist on a thorough inspection around 12k)

Can you "quote" multiple threads in a single post? Why do i not have a picture next to my post like you guys do? Like i said i'm a NEWB
As for maintenance wise, look up your manual it'll let you know what you need to do at what mileage.

And yes you can quote multiple post in the same thread. Click on "Multi" and then "quote" on the last one.

·
Registered
999 Posts
squidding it out on your picture I see...:thumbs-up:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
squidding it out on your picture I see...:thumbs-up:

haha yeah. I'll be straightforward...im a def squid Although I would be a bit less of a squid if I could afford decent riding gear...putting yourself through school and a love for motorcycles definitely has its cons :alien:

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
haha yeah. I'll be straightforward...im a def squid Although I would be a bit less of a squid if I could afford decent riding gear...putting yourself through school and a love for motorcycles definitely has its cons :alien:
some gear is better than no gear, wear long jeans, boots and jacket; it'll save from some roadrash at least. Having a passion for motorcycles is great, but it ain't gonna do you while you're laying in the ICU.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello and welcome.

Your bike looks great and amazing milage!!

Does it look as good in the flesh...and the miles are genuine?

Mines a 98 with 17000kms, totally standard and in showroom condition.

Dont know about you; but I dont have the heart to even changes the blinkers on it.... seems a shame as theres not many around of that age and unmolested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello and welcome.

Your bike looks great and amazing milage!!

Does it look as good in the flesh...and the miles are genuine?

Mines a 98 with 17000kms, totally standard and in showroom condition.

Dont know about you; but I dont have the heart to even changes the blinkers on it.... seems a shame as theres not many around of that age and unmolested.

thanks man. Yes it looks as good in person, only damage is to the fairings looks like it was unproperly loaded onto a trailer/truck one time and then possibly laid down in a garage (barely noticable) I am actually the second owner which is pretty cool so i can say most of the miles have been healthy ones! The original front signals were starting to fall off so i replaced with flush mount tinted in the front. The rears were already replaced with flush mounts signals as well. Still has the original licence plate bracket though. Has a micron exhaust, not sure what else has been done to it. I just bought a K&N air filter, exhaust repack kit, and tinted windscreen for it (the one on it was purple LOL)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts