Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people... Hope all's kickin ass before the new year! Me, my mrs n bubs just moved up to the sunny coast QLD n I picked up an 05 zx6r last week. Awesome riding round here but it's not as fun without stopping with your crew for a bevo n revision of the last hours twisties! Let me know if ur from the area or can recommend a decent local club or something.

Cheers
Ryan

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm at Hervey Bay, couple hours away. When I learn to ride I'll give you a buzz.

I have a red 05, what colours yours?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a green ninja. About to strip off the front and turn her into a streetfighter. What do u mean when u learn to ride? You've got a ninja 600 n can't ride yet? Take it slow mate, they're definately not a LAMS approved bike ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nah, fighter the hell out of it. I'm in Brisbane, but I occasionally head out sunny coast way... Won't be on my zx though, that ones being relegated to track duties...

LP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be alright on some twisties... just go the posted speed limits to begin with and, more importantly, look as far through those corners as you can, the bike'll follow. Best thing I could recommend is doing rider training... priceless

I had an orange 05 ninja almost 4 years ago and got collected by a retard chucking a U turn in front of me when I was doin 90. Put me on my ass for 6 months. I used to ride like I was invincible, but the accident woke me up big time. I'm now married with a lil boy and another kid on the way so the compromise I made with myself (and my wife) was to get a more 'comfortable' bike to ride. I couldn't compromise on performance though, so my solution was to get another tuned up sportsbike and fighter it. The other bonus is the fact my bike will be unique and I can style it how I like. I've got some parts on the way, i'll get some pics up when it's getting done, it's gonna be mint I promise!

Nah, fighter the hell out of it. I'm in Brisbane, but I occasionally head out sunny coast way... Won't be on my zx though, that ones being relegated to track duties...

LP
What do you ride on the road LP? I ain't one of those tossers that only nods at other knee scrapers... we're all in it together... and to be honest I often enjoy riding more with cruisers and tourers because they're not intent on killing themselves!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, noobie here but have a few riding mates in Brissy.
I can PM you with some contacts if you're interested.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What do you ride on the road LP? I ain't one of those tossers that only nods at other knee scrapers... we're all in it together... and to be honest I often enjoy riding more with cruisers and tourers because they're not intent on killing themselves!
Sorry, missed this post. Buell XB12R mostly, and occasionally my gf's ER6NL (Although it's less L than it used to be :lol: ), which is good for a bit of a laugh.

LP

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Out of intrest does turning a bike into a streetfighter slow it down quite a bit because the fairings don't push the air aound the bike... is the difference very noticable then?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice nice.... just finished fighting my zx6r... check in the pics forum and tell me what u think

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals!

Ive had my ZX6r for a little while now may have seen it buzzing around the sunshine coast.. weather has been crap as but..

SO when are we going to organize a big Sunshine Coast to Noosa ride, coast side or something? Dunno if it needs to be kwaka orientated one but..? would be cool.. xD

Well good & safe riding all!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey mate... where on the sunny coast are ya?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts