Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

New to Riding

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Jlagrone21 
#1 ·
Name's Keith. I'm new to riding. I have a 2000 ZX6R (ZX600J1.) I want to know what cosmetic & exhaust upgrades can be done to my bike. I'll worry about more performance once I have a little more riding experience.

#19 ·
Thats exactly what I did when I laid it down the first time. Bought a used stock and chopped. But my bike had a shorty Delkevic when I first got it. Only thing is that it had headers from an '04. Not 100% though. And yeah, dont do cosmetics, if anything give it a rattle can job. It actually comes out better than you think. I turned mine into a fighter after I went down. Replacing the plastics was too expensive in my eyes.

But welcome out. Have fun and be safe.

Reactions: Jlagrone21
#13 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Spend your money learning how to ride the motorcycle.
Forget about the exhaust, get good tires.

Take the MSF course
Read the books (TOTW, etc.)
Take more courses (ARC, CSS, etc.)

There's a ton of info on this site, search is you friend.

Good luck and stay safe.:)

#20 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for the advice. I finally have some pics up for it now. The front fairing is from a 1999 600G, I think. The guy I bought it installed it and I plan on going back with the 600J1 nose fairing with a new headlight assembly. The bike had a couple of problems. First off, it wouldn't start, it dumped gas out the bottom end every time I tried. I removed and rebuilt the carbs: problem fixed, starts everytime now. The "headlights" (fog lights) that are on here didn't work and I had to figure out the wiring, but I finally got those working. I've had the bike out on the road a few times now and I love it, though it needs a little more work: bird cage is missing, front left rotor and caliper are missing, needs a front fender. I'll post another thread with build pics. Thanks to you all again.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.