Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would take some pics of my new tires and stereo I setup on the bike.

Also is there anything special I need to do for new tires? how long before I hit the twisties?

from GP-A to S20

PBR300X2 Amp

Infinity 3.5in 2way Speakers at 2ohm

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
not a big fan of speakers on a sportbike. can barely hear them. but ride about 150 miles before you hit the twisties too hard.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a big fan of speakers on a sportbike. can barely hear them. but ride about 150 miles before you hit the twisties too hard.
thanks for the tip on the tires!

hooked up to my ipod i can hear them clearly at 100 without issues and virtually no distortion. theres over 100watts going to each speaker :)

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
thanks for the tip on the tires!

hooked up to my ipod i can hear them clearly at 100 without issues and virtually no distortion. theres over 100watts going to each speaker :)
fair enough :p glad theyre workin out for you!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much was the speaker setup
Gravy: Infinity speakers were 51.00 on amazon with prime 1 day shipping, and the amp was 170.00 also on amazon. I used a Ethernet cable as speaker wire to go all the way to the amp under the tail, and just spliced up a really long rca cable for the input from the ipod. Used self tapping screws to install the speakers and ziptie on the other end of the speaker just to keep them from wiggling.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Go out, do some smooth but hard accelerations and decelerations for about 20 minutes, enough to get a good heat cycle in. After that, blast off.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Great amp there. The car audio shop I work for is a Rockford Fosgate dealer, those retail at 269, you got a good deal there. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great amp there. The car audio shop I work for is a Rockford Fosgate dealer, those retail at 269, you got a good deal there. Enjoy!
Thanks! It definitely does the job well but that fucker gets HOTTTT. Its not clipping or anything yet and it should have pretty good air flow under there.. i ran it for like 3 hours at outside temps over 98+ so it should hold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts