Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I just got a set of S22s to try out. The prices and rebates on the stones right now is proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@ roughly $235 set and then $50 back via the rebate it makes them the steal of the spring season........

Reactions: Newyork

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a set of S22s to try out. The prices and rebates on the stones right now is proper.

S22 was my back up choice...definitely look to be good tyres. Just fancied something else.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
@ roughly $235 set and then $50 back via the rebate it makes them the steal of the spring season........
Yes Indeed. I paid $250 for the set and then sent in the $50 rebate.

S22 was my back up choice...definitely look to be good tyres. Just fancied something else.

So funny I was originally considering the RS11 but decided to get the S22. I want something that will last a little longer than the Supercorsa’s that are on it now. I assumed the RS11 would be very similar to them in longevity.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think the RS11 is almost the Bridgestone equivalent to the Supercorsa and I'm thinking will not have the best longevity...Time will tell.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
RS-10's netted me sub 400 miles on track, all track......... I would not expect much more out of the RS11

Reactions: Newyork

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
RS-10's netted be sub 400 miles on track, all track......... I would not expect much more out of the RS11
That’s supercorsa territory for sure. My zx6r is a street bike for the time being so these should last a couple seasons. Hopefully.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is actually a 180/55, didn’t want to got wider since I got feedback from a friend that has the same bike and was running a 190/55, he said it made the bike less agile through tighter cornering!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Treating her to a set of Bridgestone RS11 tyres.
Post up some pics when on.

Strap a thick piece of aluminium to the mid section of the exhaust between muffler and where the belly fairing ends. It will stop your expensive exhaust getting damaged when you loose the front end in a corner. Also a piece of flat, rubber siliconed between swingarm and muffler will stop the two meeting each as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strap a thick piece of aluminium to the mid section of the exhaust between muffler and where the belly fairing ends. It will stop your expensive exhaust getting damaged when you loose the front end in a corner. Also a piece of flat, rubber siliconed between swingarm and muffler will stop the two meeting each as well.
Hmm...never seen that done but interesting. Piece of rubber between the exhaust and swingarm makes sense...would be hidden too which is a bonus...can't quite picture the other suggestion. Any pics of this done?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fitted. Look good. I'm sure they'll be more than sticky enough for my abilities...I'm also sure I won't get much mileage out them lol....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmm...never seen that done but interesting. Piece of rubber between the exhaust and swingarm makes sense...would be hidden too which is a bonus...can't quite picture the other suggestion. Any pics of this done?

Bridgestone Racing Street 10's were the best street tyres i have ever used, but do not last long. I have been using the Dunlop soft slicks that i used on track on the street and they last forever, but don't get up to temperature so it's a trade off. I live in Brisbane, Australia so the roads are all ways pretty warm. But after seeing your new rubber i'm going to order in the same.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts