Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400, 2020 Ninja zx6r
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, first of all just wanted to thank for giving me the privilege of joining. I honestly don't know but, a switch was flip on in middle of summer of 2020. Was interested in a motorcycle, watch YouTube and pick up a 2019 kawasaki ninja 400 abs. Should have gotten a 650 but I Love my lil 400 and never look back, but I started to crave for more power. I decided on 3 bikes; yamaha r6, zx6r and a daytona 675r. I was leaning towards the 657r because of the distinct sounds it made with 3 cylinder. Every time it comes up for sale on the market it's usually sold already. The yamaha wasn't meant for me because of characteristics of how it make power. So, I decided to focus all of my attention on a 2019 zx6r with abs. Preferably the storm grey but had no luck...
I hate the 2021 ktr edition, you can only get an abs in that color..decided on the lava orange and God Dame she beautiful in the sun. Bike only has 133 miles, I'm 5,5 and GOD DAME it's a dance at a stop light. All and all made the right decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Being short is definitely a challenge though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks! Being short is definitely a challenge though.
I lowered my new ZX6R 1 inch with PSR links and raised the clip-ons 1.5 with Helibars. Awesome mods that have improved the riding position considerably. I posted my reviews on the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How the handling? I'm tip toe right now,I can put one foot down if I move my butt over to one side.

·
Registered
191 Posts
How the handling? I'm tip toe right now,I can put one foot down if I move my butt over to one side.
Handles fine with the mods I've done The lowering links are a cheap and easy mod that will help stabilize the bike when stopped. 1 inch lower doesn't require a new kickstand or any front adjustment in my case. Anything more than 1 inch may require other adjustments.

The helibars 1.5i inch risers also help tremendously with comfort and visibility while maintaining the supersport experience.

Reactions: C-wood

·
Registered
9 Posts
Handles fine with the mods I've done The lowering links are a cheap and easy mod that will help stabilize the bike when stopped. 1 inch lower doesn't require a new kickstand or any front adjustment in my case. Anything more than 1 inch may require other adjustments.

The helibars 1.5i inch risers also help tremendously with comfort and visibility while maintaining the supersport experience.
I need to grab those risers for myself. That is the one complaint I have about the ZX6R is the riding position is awkward.

I had a ZX10R that was so comfortable, but that was too big for me for a first bike, so I sold it for good profit and bought the 6R.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I need to grab those risers for myself. That is the one complaint I have about the ZX6R is the riding position is awkward.

I had a ZX10R that was so comfortable, but that was too big for me for a first bike, so I sold it for good profit and bought the 6R.
Be sure to read my full review of the Helibars. Great upgrade but there were some issues with the end caps getting stripped by the mechanic and they didn't screw all the way into the bars. Not a big deal but it may be helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, first of all just wanted to thank for giving me the privilege of joining. I honestly don't know but, a switch was flip on in middle of summer of 2020. Was interested in a motorcycle, watch YouTube and pick up a 2019 kawasaki ninja 400 abs. Should have gotten a 650 but I Love my lil 400 and never look back, but I started to crave for more power. I decided on 3 bikes; yamaha r6, zx6r and a daytona 675r. I was leaning towards the 657r because of the distinct sounds it made with 3 cylinder. Every time it comes up for sale on the market it's usually sold already. The yamaha wasn't meant for me because of characteristics of how it make power. So, I decided to focus all of my attention on a 2019 zx6r with abs. Preferably the storm grey but had no luck...
I hate the 2021 ktr edition, you can only get an abs in that color..decided on the lava orange and God Dame she beautiful in the sun. Bike only has 133 miles, I'm 5,5 and GOD DAME it's a dance at a stop light. All and all made the right decision.
View attachment 108657
Yeah nice bike, looks awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts