Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I actually found this forum by a random search on the Internet trying to solve a problem I have. I have bought a 1992 or 93 Ninja ZX6 C-5 at an auction thinking maybe I could pick up some ladies you know? Well I get all the mishaps corrected and found that it dies under acceleration. It idles okay but sure enough when gas is applied it bogs down and quits if not let up on. Any ideas? My bike may not look like much but I'm aching to get it out but am very frustrated at the moment. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I hate when people buy motorcycles "for the ladies".

If you pick up a girl solely because of your motorcycle, you will likely pick up something from her.

Just saying.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Also, my guess is that it is starving for fuel. Replace the fuel filter and go through the carbs. If you don't know how to work on carburetors, find someone that can and have them help you.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Also, my guess is that it is starving for fuel. Replace the fuel filter and go through the carbs. If you don't know how to work on carburetors, find someone that can and have them help you.
You're bike is almost 20 years old and you have no idea what kind of, if any, maintenance has been done. Agreed, Id start with fuel filter, carbs, and if that doesn't fix it I'd replace the fuel line.. Sounds like something is gunked

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Clean the carbs. Sounds like your main jets (for higher rpms) are clogged :O. While you're in there, might as well clean the pilot jets also and everything else. If you're gonna be using carb-cleaner, try not to spray it on any rubber parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Mechanic trick:

Get some paint thinner and pour it into a bowl. Drop all of your metal bits from your carbs into the bowl and swizzle them around. Watch as all of the fuel varnish just magically disappears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts