Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago I got an 09 ZX6R from someone that had moved away and left the bike sitting at a friend's house so I got a decent deal on it (my first bike btw). I went to the basic rider's course and learned how to drive responsibly and lasted about a year before I got comfortable enough to be stupid on it. Long story short, I zoned out like you do when you drive cars long distance and took an exit ramp at highway speed, made the first curve and wasn't so lucky with the second. I escaped with just road rash (due to awesome PPE) but broke a crap load of stuff on the bike. I have to replace the rear seat sub-frame, basically every panel is cracked somewhere, windshield, stator cover, gauge cluster, handlebar, mirrors, torn seat, broken license /turn signals bracket, and scraped exhaust.
I've already ordered the fairings and windshield through extreme-fairings, stator cover and handlebar through e-bay, bar end mirrors from revzilla, and I've picked out the seat, integrated taillights and Fairing eliminator I want. I'm just having trouble finding the gauge cluster and rear seat sub-frame as well as choosing which exhaust to change to. I've checked e-bay for the gauge cluster and sub-frame but a lot of those look damaged as well and I don't have money to pay for someone else's wreck. Is there any suggestions as to where to check for the subframe/gauge cluster or what kind of muffler to get. (yes I searched the forums already and there's a lot of info on the mufflers already but it cant hurt to ask.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts