Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
: i am new to this site, and looking forward to getting to know/meet you all/friends. Anyways i joined this site beause i am getting a new zx-6r(green) in two days. is being shiped as i speek. Can you give me any advice on that bike... any helpful hints tips and ideas that you can give me. To keep me alive. I do have to say that the Zx-6r is going to be my first bike. soo any one how reads this please drop a line... any adivce well can and be taking into concidaration. thank you Disconnected

:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
buy good quality gear.

helmet
jacket
gloves <<<--- minimum.

if you can get some boots that cover the ankles, and get some kind of protection for your legs. keep your highbeam on during the day, dont wear a tinted shield at night.

use your turn signals, dont try to do any tricks. ummm.... use your head. dont be dumb. if you havent, take a MSF course.

get frame sliders for your bike

always wear your gear!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the Zone.

If you scroll back through the threads you will see lots of topics with new riders wanting advice, lots of info in there! Make sure you post some pics when you get your ride!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome champ...

Only advice i can give is ride within your limits... don't let your mates pressure you to push yourself further than your comfortable...

And always wear your leathers.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only advice i can give is ride within your limits... don't let your mates pressure you to push yourself further than your comfortable...
By far the absolute best advice there is. Your dumbass friends will help you wreck. Don't try to keep up. Respect the sweetness you are about to lay $9,000 on. :banana:

I've seen a lot of guys go down, Thankfully no bad injuries but they trashed beautiful expensive bikes for nothing. That was 15 years ago. Just bought myself a new ZX6R and will NOT ride beyond my abilities. It's just plain stupid to try.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Get full gear (boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet) of good quality and all with CE approved armor for starters, then don't ride without, ever!

With all your spiffy gear on, go straight to a basic rider training course. With the basics out of the way sign up for a track day school (you'll learn more in a day than you will in a year riding on public roads and have the time of your life while doing it!) and go do that as well. With all that done you'll probably have enough experience to ride safely on public roads and it will be vastly more fun and rewarding!

·
Registered
311 Posts
honk your horn a lot, u want people to know where you are. ride as if all cars on the road are trying to hit you. always slow down through intersections even if you have a green light.

welcome

·
Registered
172 Posts
welcome! be safe... use common sense, watch for the idiots on the road, cause they won't watch out for you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome bro! I snagged a 07 6R (green of course) as my first bike too! I took the MSF course and got my license that way. Havn't had a problem and I have over 1600 miles on mine now. Best money I ever spent! Good luck.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
watch your surroundings, be extra cautious at night especially if u dont know the road, and dont be pressured to do anything...not even go a little faster than u normally would.

good luck and welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts