7041 - 7060 of 7117 Posts

·
Registered
10,375 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,042
Sent money into escrow via wire transfer.

Not gonna lie, feels worse than transferring 15k in crypto lol. Terrifying
Don’t worry. In a year I’ll tell you what your P&L is over spending it on btc.

Ey3

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Don’t worry. In a year I’ll tell you what your P&L is over spending it on btc.

Ey3
I know I missed out on some GAINZ already, I've seen people coming out of the woodwork on facebook lol. It is what it is. I couldn't risk losing the money I had in anymore. I deleted blockfolio and coinbase from my phone. I don't even want to see it.

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,044
I know I missed out on some GAINZ already, I've seen people coming out of the woodwork on facebook lol. It is what it is. I couldn't risk losing the money I had in anymore. I deleted blockfolio and coinbase from my phone. I don't even want to see it.
Yeah man. The moon kids are starting. My DCA scheme is about to hit its first profit trigger. I hope it isn’t time for the bull yet. I haven’t finished filling my bags. :-(

See what we get.

Ey3

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I hope you make a killing buddy. Best of luck.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
As always since I drove this run, I accept BTC donations.

·
Director of Moderation
9,564 Posts
Sent money into escrow via wire transfer.

Not gonna lie, feels worse than transferring 15k in crypto lol. Terrifying
Why? You at least know what you're getting. A couple of years ago I put some money into a couple of stocks (thankfully not much), and one is worth about 9% now and the other 4% of what I put in. Pretty much money thrown away. Pretty safe to assume your house will still be worth at least as much as what you're buying it for lol

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Why? You at least know what you're getting. A couple of years ago I put some money into a couple of stocks (thankfully not much), and one is worth about 9% now and the other 4% of what I put in. Pretty much money thrown away. Pretty safe to assume your house will still be worth at least as much as what you're buying it for lol
Right. Even if the housing bubble bursts tomorrow, unless you have to sell, you haven't actually lost anything. As long as the ghetto doesn't wind up next door the value will come back eventually.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
I’m an awesome investor!! :)

·
Registered
10,375 Posts

·
Registered
10,375 Posts
I’m an awesome investor!! :)

View attachment 104487
Wow, that sucks.

I bought 40 Nvidia at $26/share, another [email protected]$80 and anothe [email protected]$110.

It closed today at $289. 5 years ago, I bought it because I knew NVidia would eventually be in almost every center console/dash of almost every car.

I also had 50 Netflix @ $100 that I sold when it dropped to $80. Currently sitting at $389.

Most big stocks are a buy and sit. I had 20 shares of Amazon at $400 and sold at $600. Bought back in 10 shares at $900 something and it’s currently over $2100. Selling stocks like these is usually a bad idea. I had 40 shares of Microsoft. Sat at ~$50 for 3 years. It was at $50 for the 10 years prior. Sold because it wasn’t going anywhere. Now it’s at $185.

All my big losses were on shitstocks and penny stocks. Didn’t lose much actual money, but lost 99% of my $200 (or whatever investment).

Buy ISRG. Intuitive Surgical. Buy 1 or 2 shares of that all the money you have. They're the only manufacturer of robotic surgical machines currently being utilized. It’s as close to a medical-related monopoly that you’re gonna get right now. Bought in at $375 and it’s almost $600. Dropped out a little here and there but it’s going up and up. Every analyst is bull on it. Buy the next dip when some fucko publishes a “this stock is overvalued” op-ed so his company can buy in on the money train. Get on that train.

·
Registered
10,375 Posts
P.S. A smart man once told me to just buy S&P Index Fund if you guaranteed gains forever.

·
Registered
10,375 Posts
Right. Even if the housing bubble bursts tomorrow, unless you have to sell, you haven't actually lost anything. As long as the ghetto doesn't wind up next door the value will come back eventually.
If you do a big down payment and the bubble bursts, technically you have lost by measure of equity. If you can, let the bank carry that risk.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Not because of the investment. Just because I feel like I had less control over where it was going. Seemed strange to do.

·
Registered
10,375 Posts
Easiest way to pick up random chicks:

1. Walk up and grab their hand.
2. Tell them its actually a prank for youtube.
3. When they start giggling, ask for their number.
4. Hold chloroform rag over their mouth and nose
5. Make sure their head doesn’t hit the ground when they pass out
FTFY

7041 - 7060 of 7117 Posts