Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a college student at niu doing various things to improve my bike for the cheapest price possible.

1999 ZX6R-G Black....(faded to a dark purple from sun exposure)
Has a muzzy exhaust system (sounds amazing)

I have tinted the windscreen (ask me how if you are interested for under $10)
Recently painted fairings with bed liner (looks great)
Installed new LED turn signals (front only....back ones have not arrived yet)
New tires
New front light bulb (makes it look like a newer bike at night)
Fixed a hole in my coolant container

If you are going to or need to do anything that i have done, let me know if I may be of any help.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Hey welcome!! Why bed liner??

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Fly screen hey raized.. Kinda like a rat rod style

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i will get the pics taken tomorrow after class....it looks good surprisingly.....I did it because I don't want to spend a lot of money on paint....so I decided to paint it here at school....in the parking lot....probably the funniest thing I have ever done in a parking lot. It cost me around $70 between the cans of bed liner, primer, sand paper, and clear coat.

I have yet to find time for the clear coat....should I put it on? I want this to last and not fade.....

also where the hell can i find a service manual for free......I want to do all my own work but am limited due the lack of the manual.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
completely forgot to upload the pics on this thread..... but here they are....

still have to do another liner coat then clear but you get the idea...

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
az ninja has .pdf forms of the manual. PM him for it.
I do have a manual on pdf form but it's for the 07/08's, eviltwin is the member that pretty much has every manual on pdf courtesy of MMI... just send him a private message with your email address and he'll send it to you if he's got it and don't forget the sacrificial cookie...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do have a manual on pdf form but it's for the 07/08's, eviltwin is the member that pretty much has every manual on pdf courtesy of MMI... just send him a private message with your email address and he'll send it to you if he's got it and don't forget the sacrificial cookie...

what in the world is the sacrifical cookie?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You shouldn't need a clear with that bedliner. They're normally sun, weather, and chip resistant. Besides, the flat look is awesome. Check the can to see if you need one, even though I can't see why you would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the forum. You shouldn't need a clear with that bedliner. They're normally sun, weather, and chip resistant. Besides, the flat look is awesome. Check the can to see if you need one, even though I can't see why you would.

The only reason i would even think of a clear coat is to just add protection to the liner so it lasts as long as possible....other then that i have no reason...and the can doesn't say to do it...but it also doesn't say to use to paint motorcycles lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts