Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Purchased this 2009 zx6 today and it is my first ninja. Owned many streetbikes but this is the first Kawi! Only thing that felt different to me is that ohlins damper when i tried turning at low speeds...any suggestions? First thing I am doing is getting rid of that HUGE exhaust can that comes stock with these! lol All recommendations are recommended. Thinking about going Jardine gp1 exhaust.. Used to have that on my gsxr and loved the loudness of it.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Lots of bike purchases! Good deals to be had in the off-season?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Well I bought this one from a private party seller..been eying it for a while..
congrats! you took the form of undertail to a whole new level! lol (dog tail running by at perfect time!)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Hello.. The jardine exhaust looks great too on these bikes.. Could get the damper rebuilt and see how you like it better

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Theres an M4 slip on for sale in the classifieds. Just listed today. I'd get that one or a muzzy m10 but i'm partial to the muzzy since i have one. Nice bike btw

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the jardine gp1 exhausts bad for our bikes? Ive been reading mixed reviews......honest opinions?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Maybe I'm just weird, but I've actually always liked the look of the stock exhausts. :O

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome. I will be getting the yoshimura rs4 for my 2012. Tgere is a thread on exhaust for 2009+ on here. Take a look at that. Many to choose from.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Maybe I'm just weird, but I've actually always liked the look of the stock exhausts. :O
Oh, and all the same, very nice-lookin' bike! :smilie:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking for loud and decent priced....I don't see use in spending hundreds on exhaust..im not racing so i dont care about the hp gains..i want loud and thats about it

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
might as well ride with no damper if you use the stock damper. it's non-existant. try clicking it from 0 to full setting & you won't feel a difference. ship it to an authorized ohlins shop & have them replace the internals with genuine ohlins parts & then it'll work properly. it cost less then $100 including shipping to do it.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Sup.
Nice score, & I've heard that changing the oil weight in the damper helps....if you don't want to take the rebuild route.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
clearly you are weird:smilie: i could stand the exhaust but had to rip the fender off immediately when i got mine. next was the exhaust

1 - 17 of 17 Posts