Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ZX6R 636
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks!!

I'm Ben. Recently I became the proud owner of a 2003 ZX6R. It's my first proper big bike having spent the last 2 years cruising around on my CBT on an Aprilia RS4 125. So far me and the Kawasaki are getting on famously and becoming firm friends. The 636 came with an Akrapovic end can, tinted screen and lurking under the pillion seat is a power commander.

See you on the forum boards!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Welcome, Ben. Needless to say, your right wrist can write checks your body will need to cash. a good running 600 will blow through any posted speed limit in very short order -- the main reason I own one, TBH. I have learned over the decades that choosing the RIGHT place to exercise that option is a hard won skill.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Evening folks!!

I'm Ben. Recently I became the proud owner of a 2003 ZX6R. It's my first proper big bike having spent the last 2 years cruising around on my CBT on an Aprilia RS4 125. So far me and the Kawasaki are getting on famously and becoming firm friends. The 636 came with an Akrapovic end can, tinted screen and lurking under the pillion seat is a power commander.

See you on the forum boards!!!!
Solid bike. I have the other 636.
Go through and do all your requisite maintenance and she will run forever.
How many miles/kms?

·
Registered
2003 ZX6R 636
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, Ben. Needless to say, your right wrist can write checks your body will need to cash. a good running 600 will blow through any posted speed limit in very short order -- the main reason I own one, TBH. I have learned over the decades that choosing the RIGHT place to exercise that option is a hard won skill.
Hi RJ. I discovered this on the very first ride!!! I work at a bike dealer and everyone was saying that the first twist of the wrist is this or that but nothing anyone said could have prepared me for what it was. It was.....batshit crazy!!!!! My brain has never had to work so quick in its life. A quick glance at the clocks and I was only at 12k in third gear and then I backed off. Lads at work said I should have kept going cos "that's where all the goodies are". One step at a time I think

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
I always think of 600 class bikes as 'sneaky fast', rather than brutally fast.... the longer you let the revs build, the faster you will find yourself going. and going, and going......

·
Registered
2003 ZX6R 636
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solid bike. I have the other 636.
Go through and do all your requisite maintenance and she will run forever.
How many miles/kms?
9130 miles on the clocks with 3 stamps in the service book. It came in as a px at work. Guy swapped it for a 2015 Fireblade. I delivered the Fireblade to his house and collected what is now my bike. I'd not even started the van before I was on the phone to my boss. PX'd my little 125cc against it and here we are!!!

·
Registered
2003 ZX6R 636
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I always think of 600 class bikes as 'sneaky fast', rather than brutally fast.... the longer you let the revs build, the faster you will find yourself going. and going, and going......
No doubt an S1000RR or Panigale V4 will make me redefine what is brutally fast and I'm sure as I become more and more accustomed to the ZX6R it will seem a bit more "normal" if that makes sense.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
No doubt an S1000RR or Panigale V4 will make me redefine what is brutally fast and I'm sure as I become more and more accustomed to the ZX6R it will seem a bit more "normal" if that makes sense.
Those bikes are on a different level of speed. Something I really want, but I also something I just don’t need.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Those bikes are on a different level of speed. Something I really want, but I also something I just don’t need.
Honestly, they aren’t “brutal” they’re just fast. There isn’t anything scary or terrifying about them. They’re incredibly smooth. Thats why it’s so easy to get carried away and find yourself going triple the posted speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Welcome to the addiction Ben...to speeding through corners that is. That is a sweet clean ride you got there. God Bless you and your green machine!

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Honestly, they aren’t “brutal” they’re just fast. There isn’t anything scary or terrifying about them. They’re incredibly smooth. Thats why it’s so easy to get carried away and find yourself going triple the posted speed limit.

Yeah but I haven’t mastered my 600. No sense going 1k

·
Registered
2003 ZX6R 636
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Welcome to the addiction Ben...to speeding through corners that is. That is a sweet clean ride you got there. God Bless you and your green machine!

Many thanks for the warm welcome New York!!! It's a tidy bike for sure and each time I ride it I'm growing in confidence. Bike handles brilliantly in the twisties!!!

If I'm truly honest though the paint needs some attention. The green hides it really well but the thing is covered in swirl marks and the side of the tank has faded a bit from knee rub. Fortunately I'm a bit of a dab hand with a machine polisher so it's no big drama.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts