Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 ZX-6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you all have seen it but it's so much less than what the OEM exhaust is. No more heat shielding though, so I am a bit curious if I'll start feeling the heat on my right foot.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Bumper

No mid-pipe.

Tire Hood Light Automotive tire Wheel

Mid pipe installed.

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Crankset

Slip on installed.

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Completed!

I know it's not very technical, but its my first time making real changes on any type of vehicle ever. Baby steps!

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 ZX-6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Just put the same exhaust and link pipe on my 2011. Are you going to gut the headers and flash the ECU? I just got my ECU flashed by Bauce racing and am planning to gut the headers very soon.
Sorry, just saw this! I don't plan on gutting the headers but flashing the ECU does seem necessary.

·
Registered
2022 ZX6R
6,444 Posts
Sorry, just saw this! I don't plan on gutting the headers but flashing the ECU does seem necessary.
How is the sound compared to stock? I'm wanting something that sounds better but that isn't obnoxiously loud
Checking public dB readings seems to show that Akra is slightly louder than stock in idle and normal cruising.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2022 ZX-6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is the sound compared to stock? I'm wanting something that sounds better but that isn't obnoxiously loud
Checking public dB readings seems to show that Akra is slightly louder than stock in idle and normal cruising.
Thoughts?
I would say it is much louder than stock with more base. But when compared to some people I ride with, the Akra is much more mellow. I think overall it was expensive because I also replaced the mid-pipe, but I am happy that I bought it and wouldn't want to swap it out with anything else.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any of you guys remove the inner baffle on the Ackapovic slipon? Sound?
I removed mine before the install. Sounds great! Not too loud at all.
I just tested it by sliding the insert in and removing it. It is slightly louder but really deeper tone without it!
Not sure how to post a sound clip?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just an update ON1WHL: the baffle was removed and the bike sounds freaking awesome! Much deeper tone now next on the list is some block off plates to help with the decel popping!👍
How are you guys removing the baffle? Doesn’t it require removing rivets and replacing them or something? Do you have a YouTube video you’re using for reference? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How are you guys removing the baffle? Doesn’t it require removing rivets and replacing them or something? Do you have a YouTube video you’re using for reference? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
Should be a rubber gromet on the bottom inside of the end cap. Remove that and there is a small allen head that holds it in. Don't do it until you have and magnet ready, most likely the bolt will fall in the end cap and you can fish it out with a magnet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts