Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id say hello, now I have bought a zx6r (1998), Always had a thing for Ninjas when i was younger and used to have a 250cc Green one when I past my A2 test. Iv upgraded now and got the 600cc and my childhood favorite bike, Not in the iconic green (I got the red one:for a change). I'm starting to upgrade parts and service it myself, now i have the time. So i thought this would be the perfect place for advice and help.
Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yiiiiiieew!

Hey guys! Newbie here too, got the same bike I believe, 1998 zx6g ?
Gift from my brother - legend!
Pretty stock internals as far as I know, he got it from a guy that attempted to turn it into a "streetfighter"

After markets:

Exhaust - yoshi rs3
Tail light- internal indicators
ABM top triple clamp for MX bars
Acerbis head light
Bro had tank painted with plasti-dip and is peeling, kinda of cool IMO gives it a different look

Looking forward to working on this bike as a project, want to swap out front end to zx12 after reading the master parts swap list as well as rear swing arm and perhaps increase compression etc - but we'll see how we go with my limited skills and understanding; I can change brake pads and oil, so I'm sure I can learn a lot along the way ?

Shot guys, look forward to getting to know you ??✊

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey guys! Newbie here too, got the same bike I believe, 1998 zx6g ?
Gift from my brother - legend!
Pretty stock internals as far as I know, he got it from a guy that attempted to turn it into a "streetfighter"
Personally don't think that street-fighter looks is going all too well.. How about slapping some newer (year) styled fairings on her as part of your project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts