Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to the site, i just got a 96 ninja zx6r last week, love it so far a step up from my last bike a 94 suzuki rf600. ive put some miles on it since i got it, no problem until tonite on my ride home from work. i have a 20 mile ride and when i come to the light 2 minutes from my house i pull my clutch and its squishy and i cant shift up from first to second. i pull over, check my cable and relize that the 2 adjustment bolts are loose. i get home, make some slight adjustments and now the lever feels fine, 1st and nuetral feel fine, but i cant get it to engage into second. i played with it for a while, but cant seem to get the clutch cable adjusted right. i dont think i need a new one, but might, but i would first like some help on how to adjust it properly on the clutch end and not the lever end. i have the haynes manual and it doesnt get real specific on properly adjusting the cable using the 2 bolts that where loose.
thanks and look forward to burdening you guys with more fix it probs in the future.
j

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome mate, not sure on the adjustment mate

·
Registered
93 Posts
For some reason I don't think it's a clutch cable issue. I would think that if you can get it to shift into any gear then it should be able to shift into all the others.

From what it sounds like though if it is a cable issue then I think the cable is too loose. But becareful when tightening it because if you tighten it too much the clutch will slip when are on the throttle really hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts