Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice I purchased a 06 636 and the previous owner was going to convert to a stunt bike he removed all fairings including the not sure of the name but the front fairing that has headlights speedometer and gages and what ever it is that' mounts it to the bike and I want to restore it back to a street bike few questions#1 is it the ram air screen duct and the upper stay cowl bracket or crawling brace what I will need to connect it back to the bike right now it's tied up further where can I get the cheapest wire harness and diagram for the bike the electrical is a mess the previous owner just ripped and cut any and everything he wanted off and were can I get a cheap replacement front seat any advice will be so helpful thank u
Guitar accessory Font Automotive design Line Bumper

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome,

Yes the front stay/ram air duct assembly is needed. And quite honestly if you are going to buy new dealer is the best bet. If you are looking for pre owned stuff just hop on eBay. Tons of kawi parts on there. And now a days for the most part eBay offers buyer protection on almost all sales. I just finished rebuilding a 2019 that I had to buy fairings rear subframe headlight front wheel among many other things. And if I couldn’t source local from people I know, I would just hop on eBay.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
OP, first thing I would do is download the shop manual for your bike from this site for free. If you decide to buy new OEM plastics, cost is going to be extremely high, due to limited availability.

If you go that route, Partzilla seems to be one of the cheapest places to buy them, often 30% below retail.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Those 4 holes line up with 4 holes on the actual frame that have weld nuts. They’re either M6 or M8 common thread. Super easy. The top ones are for speedo cluster I’m pretty sure.

And yes, get the manual listed here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts