Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First of all I have to state English is obvious not my native language so there might be some errors in my spelling. Anyway...here we go :).

As of last week I'm the proud owner of a ZX6R 1997, it was the bike of my younger brother which he bought 8 years ago. He left the bike in the open, 24/7, summer and winter. He drove about 3000 km (1500 miles) in that periode. The only good things was, the bike got serviced every year. When I picked it up, the bike was green, but not the green as Kawasaki intended to be :crazy.
Got home, washed the bike, pressurized the tires, greased the chain, renewed the brake fluid and drove for about 100 km. It's a diamond in the rough. Handles well.
My plan is to drive through the summer and take it completely apart during winter. It needs a complete painting, from fairings to the carbs.

Ok, enough about the bike, I have my licence for 30 years, had plenty motorcycles, know a bit of it. My last bike was a Suzuki 7/11.

I've already read a lot on this forum, the knowledge here is without any question priceless.

Thanks for reading,

Len

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply.
I'll take some pictures tomorrow and upload them, you'll be crying about the state of the bike, everything is corroded, wheels,carbs etc. scratched fairing and exhaust. Will be an "interesting" project coming winter. Besides it has to look new it must have a different seat, with the exhaust under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts