Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
Are you able to hang onto your OEM bodywork, or will you be selling it at some point? In a few years it will be worth more than your entire track bike.....

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
I’m curious to hear how taxes are assessed on a bike which will not operate on public roads. From my west coast perspective, VA has some of the most asinine tax laws— I would expect it falls under personal property, and Kelly Blue Book or similar would determine your burden. A race bike would not accumulate enough mileage to depreciate as fast as a street bike….

How does this work?

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
^^ I've settled on 600cc class street bikes as a good mix of power, weight, handling and features. There's still an opportunity to wring the things neck to good advantage without ending up in a third story window somewhere. It's been my experience that riding a very high HP bike where you can never give it the berries is an exercise in frustration. 'All the way back to it's a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.'

· Super Moderator
17,036 Posts
It’s all trade space. Mid 80’s I chased the big HP dragon for a while. The more HP, the more massive everything else has to be. Mass means weight, so brakes must be stronger, tires bigger, that all means more cost to operate….. And it’s an ephemeral thing. Whoever is willing to spend more will go faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts