Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, been out of the game for a while concentrating of drag racing cars, decided to get back on a bike just for cruising . Ive always loved the ninja body style so i just picked up a blue 2005 ZX6R . looking to replace the nose piece (if you have a blue one message me ) and doing my own carbon fiber bits here and there.

It is in excelent shape and have been really enjoying it the past couple days.

the windscreen/fairing were cut short by previous owner (which is why im looking to replace with unmodified stock)

only mods are

Euro mod
-1 +3

Very torquey bike and perfect around town, but the freeway is sort of a pain , so im also looking to switch back to stock sprockets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agreed on the Michigan riders, always looking for people to ride with. Nickoli, im from over in Swartz Creek, we should go ride sometime

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just go one bigger in the front and see if you like it better.
You went quite aggressive with the +3 in the back.

If you're lucky you get away with not having to cut and extend the chain.

Save side would be going -3 in the rear only and then experiment with the stock or smaller front sprocket.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Welcome man! We've got a thread going that you should subscribe to so we can set up an all MI ride once the summer is more reliable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I bought the bike with the sporckets installed already so i was just looking to switch them back to stock. this is my fifth bike actually, but ive never messed with sprockets so im fairley new to that.

I will subscribe to the other thread as well, its gonna suck to choose what i want to drive to meets, drag MKIV supra or the ninja lol

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Welcome, do you know if the previous owner stunted the bike? That's the only reason I can imagine for the +3 rear (for street) and the cut windscreen/plastics

Looks good though!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, do you know if the previous owner stunted the bike? That's the only reason I can imagine for the +3 rear (for street) and the cut windscreen/plastics

Looks good though!
The previous owner bought the bike like this as well, he said the previous owner cut down the upper fairing/windscreen because he had high riser clip ons ? Not sure what he meant, and the bike was never really taken on the freeway and wanted to lower the powerband by changing sprockets.

I actually have been enjoying the torquiness of this bike. Did a quick pull with a buddy of mine against his supra and lifted first 4 gears but kept dead straight without letting off the throttle.

also , noob question but they make bluetooth units that you can install in your helmet no? for music and such!

also I need to calibrate the speedo. the bike had these sprockets changed right out of the dealer i guess. so it reads 23k but really it has around 14k miles and the speedo is like 15-17mph off :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome to the family, brother! We'll get some Michigan rides going in the thread that NitrusReigns posted, be sure to subscribe to it!!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
also , noob question but they make bluetooth units that you can install in your helmet no? for music and such!
Yup - lots of good options out there. I particularly like the Sena SMH-10, but I know there are others on the site who have different ones they like.

also I need to calibrate the speedo. the bike had these sprockets changed right out of the dealer i guess. so it reads 23k but really it has around 14k miles and the speedo is like 15-17mph off :(
I got a SpeedoDRD for mine (same bike as yours) and it was very easy to install and really easy to adjust if you change your sprockets again too...and it's cheaper than some of the other options :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup - lots of good options out there. I particularly like the Sena SMH-10, but I know there are others on the site who have different ones they like.

I got a SpeedoDRD for mine (same bike as yours) and it was very easy to install and really easy to adjust if you change your sprockets again too...and it's cheaper than some of the other options :bigthumb:
You da man!

Does it matter the year really? I cnat seem to find a 2005 one!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
SpeedoHealer (www.healtech-electronics.com) is another option for correcting your speedometer reading.

As for Bluetooth headsets, I use a Scala Rider G9, and I like it a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The previous owner bought the bike like this as well, he said the previous owner cut down the upper fairing/windscreen because he had high riser clip ons ? Not sure what he meant, and the bike was never really taken on the freeway and wanted to lower the powerband by changing sprockets.

I actually have been enjoying the torquiness of this bike. Did a quick pull with a buddy of mine against his supra and lifted first 4 gears but kept dead straight without letting off the throttle.

Sena Bluetooth has been fantastic and reasonably priced!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts