Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all, I finally decided to get an intro post up. I'm John and I currently reside in the pacific northwest, more specifically Spokane, WA. Been in the military for 18 years come April (geez, time flies!) I'm married and I have a 5 year old daughter and they're the most important things in my life. Close behind them are my motorcycles!!! I spend a LOT of time in the garage, tinkering and wrenching. I was a late bloomer to riding and bought my first bike in 2010 at the age of 31. I was instantly hooked and fell in love with everything about motorcycles!!! My first ride was a 2009 CBR600RR, which I learned on until I met some gravel in a turn and she was no more. After a deployment I decided to get another bike, this time an 2003 SV1000S. I also picked up a 1994 katana 600 cheap that was in pieces but mint with 3000 original miles on it (fun little bike now that its together). Eventually got rid of the SV, and this past September found an 06 ZX6R that was all stock, just under 12,000 miles and mint and I HAD to have it so I picked her up and she's my favorite bike yet.
I had to personalize her a bit so I started with changing the plugs, oil and air filter, added a smoke puig windscreen, some mirror blockoffs and driven bar end mirrors. Got the reflective rim tape, some tank traction pads and a solo cowl as well. Eventually got the bazzaz z-afm setup and an Arata exhaust and punched the cat out of the headers. Removed the exhaust servo and built up my own "servo buddy." Works as advertised. Integrated tail light/signals, black/gold folding adjustable levers, some CORE stainless brake lines, rear brake reservoir delete and jumper mod. That's where I'm at so far, and I LOVE my bike!!! I'll attach a few pics of "Gina."
Want to add that I love the forum!!! Most members seem eager to help others in need and I really like the layout. Thanks for all the great information!!!
John

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome! this forum is a great resource as you've seen. I got a buddy of mine up there in Spokane. What's your AFSC if you don't mind me asking? I'm down in Louisiana on the 52's.

Props on the bikes as well. Your zx6 looks good!

Reactions: jonahueiii

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm a 2A574, crew chief on the tankers up here and currently a pro super. Miss my fcc days for sure!
Oh and the other bikes in the pics aren't mine, they're my riding buddies!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I've already benefited a ton from some of the posts and problems of other members. Hopefully I'll be able to do my part and help out as well. Looking forward to chatting with y'all!
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts