Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently picked up a new 2021 KRT zx6r to use for track days.
I am still going thru the break in, but seems like a great bike for the money so far.
Can't wait to open her up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods I did already:
TST integrated taillight
Fender eliminator
Yoshi AT-2 pipe
Evo Hanger
Servo Buddy
OES frame sliders
OES spool sliders
OES fork sliders
Chinese tie down hooks / passenger peg delete
Rear seat cowl
Stompgrips

I think that is about it...probably not going to do much more. I am very happy with it so far and the mods have been GREAT!
I will take some pics when I have time and better weather.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
What are the chinese tie down hooks?

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
If it’s a track bike, you would have benefited more by getting track body work, leathers, and a trailer.

Aside from that, welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it’s a track bike, you would have benefited more by getting track body work, leathers, and a trailer.

Aside from that, welcome.
Besides the track/race fairings I have the rest. At my level (novice) I don't see the need to get track body work at the moment.
Now my body itself could use some work....but thats another story lol

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
I believe it likely that you’d have more horizontal parking incidents early on…… pristine OEM plastics are a few thousand $ on a current gen bike and only go up in price with age.

If you can afford to take them off and store them it’s almost money in the bank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe it likely that you’d have more horizontal parking incidents early on…… pristine OEM plastics are a few thousand $ on a current gen bike and only go up in price with age.

If you can afford to take them off and store them it’s almost money in the bank.
I don't know why anyone would pay a few grand for OEM plastics when you can get a full set of Chinese ones $600 shipped to you. Yes I understand there's a quality difference in most cases but some of them are pretty darn good these days...this is a 10k bike, its not my 35k BMW, which is one of the reasons I bought it for my track bike (replacing ninja 400). My guess is it would sit in my garage until I sold the bike and I wouldn't get anything for it at all so I am going to enjoy them because that is one of the reasons I bought the KRT edition.
I am taking baby steps, I am almost 50 years old and although no crash is avoidable I have nothing to prove to anyone and do not ride over my head. I've also been riding motorcycles since I was about 10 years old although I will admit that my most progress in riding has been the last 4 years.
In general I found Kawasaki plastics to be cheaply made anyway but that is just my opinion based on the 400.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I agree with the above. I wrecked my ZX6R at the track with the OEM plastics on and rebuilt it with the Chinese fairings - they are bloody good. Everyone who sees the bike comments on how they love the design and how Kawasaki should have done it from the factory. I like that I can still ride on the road and go to the track and not worry about damaging it. The Chinese stuff is that good these days.

Thanks for the info on the hooks. Might need to look into a set for once I get my tow vehicle sorted.

·
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
48 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome and nice bike. From what I've seen working corners at a local track day you are fine in the novice group. Intermediate is where all the action is :)

LOL lots of folks buy the OEM. I've bought a few of them over the years, not a whole set but stuff happens. For a track bike I'd put Chinese fairing on and then you will also understand why folks pay big $ for OEM :) Bought an upper fairing for CBR600RR because it was only$50 more than the decals!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts