Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!

My name is Adam and I live around the cambridge area, I own a ZX6R in red, 1999.

I have my test on monday 25th and if I pass I will be going out on it as its all taxed, insured and mot'd..... so heres hoping!!!!

Morning!

·
Registered
83 Posts
good luck m8
i just passed me test today
try not to stress about it(well depends on the instructor)

i only got 6 minor faults
good luck for the 25th

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well done m8, just take your time and dont go mad,you'll have many years of enjoyment.Keep your eyes open for the myopic cage drivers, cos there all blind.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good luck Adam but when you DO pass your test you will need eyes in your arsehole so take it easy mate ..Also well done Mike hope you both have many years of trouble free riding.

·
Registered
166 Posts
im not looking forward to my test, aparently acording to my instructor the woman who does the motorcycle tests is extreamly strick, one of the storry goes is he was doing his u turn on a quiet street and he looked both ways and just as leaving the left hand side a boy racer turns into the street and races towards him.

The guy on the bike not even close to the center of the road stops dead and returs to the original point, apparently he was ordered to resit full test.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for all the support guys!!

To answer your question crashtd; It has to be a good ametuer ride, showing good visual skills and low speed control (the control is tested with a U-Turn, if your foot goes down... FAILED!) and also a controled emergency stop and making sure you make good progress (get up to speed)

Well, my last lesson before the test is today and starts in just over an hour.... Gonna ask to practice the dreaded U-turn and I think I will befine then. Just starting to get a bit worried, I'm sure I will be alright once I get on the bike. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good luck dude.
POSITVE THINKING WILL GET YOU THROUGH!!!!!!!

Then when you pass, treat EVERY other road user as an ARSE!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good luck, and great choice in bike and colour!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good luck dude, and once passed, gear gear gear....and watch out for everything. Welcome out.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for all the support, unfortunatly I didnt pass.... I balls's the U turn up dispite doing perfect ones in the lead up to the test this morning, but I'm not out yet as I have already booked another test. The only problem is its not untill the 9th Aug but I'm now relaxed an confident in my ability and the test isnt going to phase me this time.

Ho Hum, we live, we learn.... Oh and to answer the question, the U Turn is a pig if you think too hard about it; just give it some throttle and feed out the clutch to the bite and focus on where you want to end up.... Sounds so easy when i read that out.

Thanks again people!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts