Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , Hows it going. Someone posted this forum in a forum i frquent so i thought id stop by and say Hello. I just bought my 03 ZX-6R last month , March 30th , the 03/04"s have been my dream Bike since they came out in 03 Im the Second owner of it , bought it from a older guy , in his late 30"s , It had 9,100 on it when i got it , and it now has 11,629 miles on it. It came with brand new Pilot Powers, Fresh service , and new stock gearing Vortex sprockets with a new 520 chain. Mine is Silver , not a scratch :) , ive had to problems with it so far , i hit a little rock on the highway that put a hole in the radiator , Luckily found one in mine condition for 100, ive had to replace the radiator , clutch cable , and air duct , but now its in mint condition, it cost me 0 in labor , luckily im a motorcycle tech lol. So far ive ordered a Silver/chrome windscreen for it , Frame Sliders, Swing arm spools, 04 ZX-6R decal kit from kawi ( not on yet) , PC3 , and a Micron high mount in black/silver, and a BMC race filter Which i havent installed yet. Ive changed the oil with Castrol R4 full syn superbike oil twice now, and flushed the cooling system out and put in engine ice. Two weeks ago me and my friend went to the dyno just for fun , he has a 06 R6 with a race filter and exhaust , his bike dynoed 104.6 whp , but it was weird because his bike didnt make any power until 10,500 rpms. I dont have my mods on my 03 636 yet so it was stock, but i made 107.7 whp and 45.2 ptq on a dynojet, Im hoping to make 115-120 whp when i install the exhaust, bmc filter and have the pc3 tuned. Ive took it out to the drag strip once , with the same friend who has the R6, and i ran [email protected] to his [email protected] Ive owned 3 other bikes in the past , bought a 01 ninja 250 in 2001 sold it with 12k , bought a 02 zx7r in 02 and sold it with 83 k and ive owned 04 R1 i bought new and sold that with 20k miles. Out of all the bikes ive owned , my 636 is by far my favorite, I love the weight and power of this bike , it amazing , it is also by far the most comfotable street bike ive owned , im 6"2 220 , and ive done 400 mile days on it with no problem, I dont have a car , just a bike , so comfort is kinda important and i was suprised how comfy it is. Sorry for the Long post lol , just thought i would introduce me and my bike properly. I plan on keeping my 6366 till the wheels fall off.:bwtiller:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome:cheers :clap

:thumbup on using the bike for transportation rather than a :thatsgay cage

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
+1 on the warp speed guards. Got one on mine. Nice piece of kit!

·
Registered
311 Posts
nice bike , im thinking of painting mine blue , blue or the fire orange
did i read something about PearlBlazingOrange.. the reason u dont see the color too often is cause they move so FAST!! rumor has it that is the fastest color...

and 03/04 636/rr cherry man, my dream bike too!

:cool2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts