Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls. Just picked up a 2012 zx6r and have a few questions on engine tuning I will ask later one.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! Picking it up on Saturday at 10am!

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have. lol. I used to have an older zx6r (599cc not 636) and loved the bike. There honestly is not that much of a difference plus the bike price isn't too bad with low miles and 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the site. Always great to see a fellow Cheesehead on here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I already have. lol. I used to have an older zx6r (599cc not 636) and loved the bike. There honestly is not that much of a difference plus the bike price isn't too bad with low miles and 3 year warranty.
The bike in the picture in your first post also has a 599cc motor.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do you say wait?

I was wondering the same thing.
Two reasons. First, I was just hoping he didn't pay what they were asking and looking out for a fellow rider, that's all. I live in the same region, have been to Simply Street Bikes and their asking prices tend to be a bit high, especially for a non-Kawasaki dealership. They do bring in great looking bikes, detail it to the 9s, but the prices are just a tad steep, that was all. They do have great customer service although their labor charges are quite high at $95/hr. I think he got a solid deal though if he didn't pay their asking price.

Second, and more importantly, I would've ran the VIN first for him before letting him purchase it. The reason being MN is one of the few states that will allow a salvaged motorcycle to be retitled as CLEAN so if you crash a bike or buy a crashed bike, as long as you buy all OEM parts, keeps pictures of the bike when it was crashed, and then show all the receipts, the bike can be retitled as clean. New buyers will never know it's a previously salvaged bike without running the VIN and seeing its prior history. I know a guy who bought a bike from MN, the title was clean, and when he got it to Wisconsin, the bike came back as a rebuilt salvage bike. The bike was intially purchased in Iowa and the first owner lived in Nebraska. He totaled it in Nebraska, claimed it, insurance company sold it to someone in MN, they fixed it up, retitled it as clean, sold it, and then the guy who bought it sold it to the fella in Wisconsin. He was upset, tried to sue the guy but his lawyer said nothing could be done since the guy didn't know it was previously salvaged and the state of MN allows you to fix up salvaged bikes and give them clean titles.

So there you have it, buyers beware when buying bikes in MN.

Reactions: RJ2112

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Two reasons. First, I was just hoping he didn't pay what they were asking and looking out for a fellow rider, that's all. I live in the same region, have been to Simply Street Bikes and their asking prices tend to be a bit high, especially for a non-Kawasaki dealership. They do bring in great looking bikes, detail it to the 9s, but the prices are just a tad steep, that was all. They do have great customer service although their labor charges are quite high at $95/hr. I think he got a solid deal though if he didn't pay their asking price.

Second, and more importantly, I would've ran the VIN first for him before letting him purchase it. The reason being MN is one of the few states that will allow a salvaged motorcycle to be retitled as CLEAN so if you crash a bike or buy a crashed bike, as long as you buy all OEM parts, keeps pictures of the bike when it was crashed, and then show all the receipts, the bike can be retitled as clean. New buyers will never know it's a previously salvaged bike without running the VIN and seeing its prior history. I know a guy who bought a bike from MN, the title was clean, and when he got it to Wisconsin, the bike came back as a rebuilt salvage bike. The bike was intially purchased in Iowa and the first owner lived in Nebraska. He totaled it in Nebraska, claimed it, insurance company sold it to someone in MN, they fixed it up, retitled it as clean, sold it, and then the guy who bought it sold it to the fella in Wisconsin. He was upset, tried to sue the guy but his lawyer said nothing could be done since the guy didn't know it was previously salvaged and the state of MN allows you to fix up salvaged bikes and give them clean titles.

So there you have it, buyers beware when buying bikes in MN.
I'm curious now lol. Although the bike has no sign of it ever being laid down... I am curious. Can I run the VIN for free or do I have to pay somewhere?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts