Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hey I'm a noob at this :hmmm:

Anyway I picked up a 02 zx6r that had been wrecked but runs very well...but as you might expect there was a catch. no fairings except the back tail, spedo is jacked up, and 2nd gear has an issue (drops back into neutral from 2nd at decently high rpms), anyway I've been looking at posts on here for quite some time and thought maybe i could start posting.

Heres my POS :devious

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL i forgot to ask the questions...by the way I know I posted in the wrong thread but with my bike being nothing but problems I'll only be in here anyway.

Does anyone know what could be causing it to drop out of second? I'm guessing the clutch plate, springs, or forks. I'm gonna try to replace them all but does anyoen have any ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering I'm leaving for the navy in October would it better for me just to ride this out until then (It's just a learner bike), and get a new bike afterwords? In your professional opinion lol

·
Registered
12,985 Posts
Yes... its a lotta work to repair the transmission and if youre not that mechanically inclined then its definitely not a job for u. Most people dont even bother with it and just end up replacing the whole engine with a used one. Try riding without using the 2nd gear as much as u can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty much what I've been doing, but sometimes I forget that 2nd doesnt stay well and yeah its pretty embarrassing on a busy street

1 - 6 of 6 Posts