·
Registered
4,609 Posts
:popcorn:

Reactions: 40acres

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan. There's a lot of info on here and it's probably the most active forum I've ever been a part of. Most don't take kindly to stunters, but you posted an intro WITH pictures. Kudos my man, those are brownie points for sure, lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome fellow Texan. There's a lot of info on here and it's probably the most active forum I've ever been a part of. Most don't take kindly to stunters, but you posted an intro WITH pictures. Kudos my man, those are brownie points for sure, lol.
Thanks for the welcome. I don't know of any forums other than SR that do take kindly to us haha
You're in the nice part of our big ass state.
I'm stuck over here on the flat dry windy side :LOL

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I don't know of any forums other than SR that do take kindly to us haha
You're in the nice part of our big ass state.
I'm stuck over here on the flat dry windy side :LOL
Lol, the dust bowl/tortilla flats! But hey, it's still Texas baby!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Prices have started to go back up and level out around here. That drop in oil prices really put a hurting on a lot of people. I lost quite a bit of business the last few months because if it too. I expect things to start picking back up here pretty soon.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prices have started to go back up and level out around here. That drop in oil prices really put a hurting on a lot of people. I lost quite a bit of business the last few months because if it too. I expect things to start picking back up here pretty soon.
I just laid off 4 guys here today. I hate it

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Welcome... I like stunting. I cant do it but I watch videos and its interesting stuff. Hope you are one of the smart guys who does it in a secluded are.

I have to ask though. How the fuck do you do that with no gloves? I mean damn. If nothing else I would want my head and my hands protected?

I swear I have actually been considering finding a large open parking lot and going to practice very low speed wheelie. I would just like to know how to do it. Id do maybe one or two a year but would be cool to know how.

Anyway welcome. and post vids if you have some and if they arent on public roads :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome... I like stunting. I cant do it but I watch videos and its interesting stuff. Hope you are one of the smart guys who does it in a secluded are.

I have to ask though. How the fuck do you do that with no gloves? I mean damn. If nothing else I would want my head and my hands protected?

I swear I have actually been considering finding a large open parking lot and going to practice very low speed wheelie. I would just like to know how to do it. Id do maybe one or two a year but would be cool to know how.

Anyway welcome. and post vids if you have some and if they arent on public roads :)
Thanks for the welcome. I wear gloves probably 95% of the time. Id given my pair to my fiance after i bought her a bike and hadn't picked me another set up yet but i'm pretty big on wearing them. rash on the hands is no fun lol

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As others have said, this is easily the most active forum I've ever been a part of and it makes it a lot of fun!

I think stunting is super cool, but don't have the balls to try it on my current bike (really I just couldn't stand to risk dropping it - same reason she's never been to the track). I'd love to buy a beater bike and try to learn a bit, but I don't know any stunters or have anyone to teach me or hang out with or anything...so I'm not sure that'll ever happen.

Anyway, post some more pictures and videos so I can live that aspect of my life vicariously through you :bigthumb:

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the forum! As others have said, this is easily the most active forum I've ever been a part of and it makes it a lot of fun!

I think stunting is super cool, but don't have the balls to try it on my current bike (really I just couldn't stand to risk dropping it - same reason she's never been to the track). I'd love to buy a beater bike and try to learn a bit, but I don't know any stunters or have anyone to teach me or hang out with or anything...so I'm not sure that'll ever happen.

Anyway, post some more pictures and videos so I can live that aspect of my life vicariously through you :bigthumb:
Thanks! You should definitely pick up a beater and get some practice in, you wont regret it.
I'm hoping to get some good pics and video in this season. :)

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Thanks! You should definitely pick up a beater and get some practice in, you wont regret it.
I'm hoping to get some good pics and video in this season. :)
This season? You freaking live in Texas! Isn't all year riding season?!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
On the ground or on the road...'cause the ground isn't a problem - this was after my first ride of the year about a month ago:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Most here don't have a problem with stunters as long as it's on closed courses.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts