Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start the thread, i will say i got a $50 parking ticket for parking right there (mine's the blue one)...wtf....(but i eventually got it reduced to $10)

Got these off of ebay brand new from T-Rex
racing...i found a link to them on this site, so special thanks to the guy who posted that in another thread (i dont remember who it was)...front and rear shipped for $110...and i've used em..they're good as long as you have someone to constantly lift on the rear handles b/c it can't quite hold all the weight on its own.....jk, they're stupendous.

My parking spot

There's both daddys

mmm hmmm

and i just got this new freakin sweet helmet

actually that's my old one. raise your hand if you were thinking i was a dumbass. i am dissapointed in all of you.

the new came used from Cycle Gear on ebay, but in nice condition...an RF1000 with a sweet design for 170 was good enough for me.

omg i'm such a badass

mmm

and finally, i can't figure out where the heck this finagle attaches. I assume it is to get the extra strapage out of the way so it doesnt waggle in the wind...but...how does it work?

thanks peeps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice lid bro. I have the same thing on my X-11. It clips on to one of the d rings. Its kinda of a pain in the ass until you get used to it. Once you do its a lot easier. I wish they would have just used the snap system like my Arai.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Can't get a real good picture of mine but look at this.

You can see where the plastic thing protrudes. That part you insert between the strap and the part of the d-ring pointed to by the arrow. Hope that helps!

I may be missing something but even though it looks like your stands are locked up, the chains would do no good. Can't they just be pulled out of the chains?

·
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope that helps!
yea that helps a lot. thanks. i would have never figured that out, haha. and thanks to the other guy.

I may be missing something but even though it looks like your stands are locked up, the chains would do no good. Can't they just be pulled out of the chains?

lol..i know what you mean, and you are right...except the chain is quite tight and there isnt enough room to be able to pull them up and turn the out to get the bottom through..and if it is possible, it would take quite some maneuvering...good observation though, i never noticed that. :laugh: also that is the only chain i have right now and it isn't long enough to chain em any other way. :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Actually I have to laugh when I think about when I first used my Shoei. I snapped that tab down without even thinking. Later I saw it and said "damn! it broke already". after some fidgeting I figured out how it worked. Rather ingenious I must say! Still kind of odd to do it right the first time and not realize it!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Awesome helmet! Sadly, the stress over the possibility of that chain scratching the racing stands would stop me ever attempting such extreme measures of motorcycle accessory safety. Is that the parking spot at your house? How did you get the ticket reduced? I would suggest a few ways but that would be crude of me.

I'm sadly disappointed that you aren't doing any kind of gansta sign in your pose. Bad ass? Hardly :laugh

·
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Awesome helmet! Sadly, the stress over the possibility of that chain scratching the racing stands would stop me ever attempting such extreme measures of motorcycle accessory safety. Is that the parking spot at your house? How did you get the ticket reduced? I would suggest a few ways but that would be crude of me.

I'm sadly disappointed that you aren't doing any kind of gansta sign in your pose. Bad ass? Hardly :laugh
I guess it's just me, but i'd rather them have a few scratches than only be able to use them once. jk, i know what u mean, but they really haven't been scratched by the chain at all...and to not have to do that, i'd have to haul both of them ~60 yards, up some steps, and then up 8 stories to put them in an apartment that has very little space...and do that every time i wanted to use them. i think they're fine there, but now you have me worrying. I lock em up because i'm in the middle of Atlanta (which, for you Aussies, isn't exactly a rural nice people area), and we've already had 2 cars stolen from that garage this semester. I've personally met 5 people this semester who've had their bikes stolen here...:(

Nah, that parking spot is at my apartment in Atl...my house (my parents house that is) is about 2 hours away from here (i'm here for school).

I had to go to an appeals board and present my case (that picture and a few others) and explain to them that somebody decided to erect a pole in the middle of the last space and i was as close to inside that space as i could be...etc. I mean, who gives someone a ticket for that...oh well. No, i didn't give any blow jobs for the reduction :laugh

I don't have to pretend to be a gangsta to be a badass, unlike some people i know. All i have to do is give the look, and BAM!!! Just look at me looking at the camera. you dont wanna mess with that.

To quote owen wilson: "I am like a wild horse. You can't tame me. You put the oats in the pen, though, and I'll come in for a nibble every day. But the minute you shut that gate, I'll jump the fence and you'll never see me again."

:laugh

·
Registered
117 Posts
If I was the police I would have towed that Acura that is pictured in the background. It is clearly blocking the dumpster. Now how am I supposed to discard the old factory parts off my kawa with the dumpster blocked? You know that Acura just may fit into that dumpster. With a few brewsky's and a fork truck I would try it.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The lean on the Gixxer is fretting me. Do they always lean that much or have they done some kickstand chopping?

·
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lean on the Gixxer is fretting me. Do they always lean that much or have they done some kickstand chopping?
no, they don't. I know the guy and i know he's done some kickstand chopping...i dont remember why though.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
nice new lid its got wicked colors too

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
/lol DASM! I didn't even notice the lean on that Gixxer! I am digging that Repsol Honda though. One of the second shift dudes at work has one of those....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts