Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! My name is Scotty and I just bought a 07 zx6r from the dealership I work at. I can not believe the performance this thing has. I thought it would be slightly better then my last 600 but WOW. I can't wait to get this thing on the track and beat the snot out of it!

I go to as many track days a season as I can and so far have been to Summit Point in WV for a day, Calabogie in Ontario for 2 days, and Pocono F-USA for a day, all with the triumph. The only definite I have left this season with my group is the STAR school at Lauden NH for 2 days but we are trying to set stuff up for September and October. I have been riding for 4 years, have no dirt experience, and will be a beginner for my entire life. Things get dicey when the semester starts.

So what else? I'm a complete gear NAzi and often try to make people in T-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops feel as stupid as possible. I sell gear and accessories at a local dealership and am going for elementary education at a local college.

ANti stunting, pro boobies, anti squid, pro gear, pro scraping knee

Over on the forum I admin, daytona600.org, we always buy a virtual round :cheers so what you having?

Ice cold Sam Summer for me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
hey scotty, welcome to the site, and nice scoot :thumbup

i've got summit, pocono, and maybe barber on the list for sept/oct with NESBA maybe we can meet up? I've been rolling in I, but might make a go at A later in the seaon :burnout.

i'll drink a mountain dew :cheers

-:banana

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

crash, gotta see what the funds allow, I spent a lot this season already and want to get a vanson suit made this winter  I have found that tires are the biggest expense for my season so I am toying with the idea of making a "racing team" this winter and get a re-sale license so all my friends can get stuff at cost. Just gotta look into the fine print, but tire group buys and stuff would be cool. I have never been to barber but guys who have been said calabogie was similar in many aspects, so you might want to check it out, I think we’re going to try to go back in September.

Samson, yeah I am from Hopewell and live in town of Newburgh, you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was so smooth, it made my bike felt different. I went from pocono which was very bumpy, to this and it freaked me out for the first half of the first day. Then I asked a coach to lead me around a bit and she turned out to be last years canadian female gp champ! I want to move there and build a shack with a garage for the bikes, work as a day laborer to make ends meet. :coocoo It was that good. I'm very pleased that I found a forum with some track people!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
awesome :thumbup you know everyone bitches about how bumpy pocono, but coming from streets of willow out in SoCal (old stomping grounds), it really isn't that bad...and there certainly isn't anything in the racing line you really need to move around :O still, i like me a nice smooth track with some sweepers to rail through :drool

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you done the F-USA course? Make east look like a parking lot with cones. When you come off the from stright into the right, there is a black pavement patch center track. All day, everyone (who's opinion mattered) told me to stay to one side or the other. Well me being kinda new, I was behind one of the faster guys in red and took the turn too fast, pushed out wide and hit the patch dead on. The bump almost knocked me out of the seat lol. Calabogie was so smooth that I found out i had a front end vibration that I never knew about :banghead

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
Samson, yeah I am from Hopewell and live in town of Newburgh, you?
Im very fimiliar with newburgh area and everything around it lol.

I lived in Monroe/Central Valley area. Grew up there, family & friends still there. But, now Im in louisville KY for school. I was actually home over the weekend to visit family & friends.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Have you done the F-USA course? Make east look like a parking lot with cones. When you come off the from stright into the right, there is a black pavement patch center track. All day, everyone (who's opinion mattered) told me to stay to one side or the other. Well me being kinda new, I was behind one of the faster guys in red and took the turn too fast, pushed out wide and hit the patch dead on. The bump almost knocked me out of the seat lol. Calabogie was so smooth that I found out i had a front end vibration that I never knew about :banghead
nope they never seem to be running that one when i'm out in PA.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Any single malt scotch on the rocks will do fine.:cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts