Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey up

my name's danny im about to buy a zx6r i have had bikes all my life heres a pic of my current project, i take crappy bikes and build them back up before they end up on the scrap heap
its a 1985 gsxr slabside with a few modifications, currently up for grabs on that site

another project i started to build is this 1999 bandit 1200 but thats nowhere near completion and is about to go to my mates

and this here is my next project.... im told she is an ex race bike and she is very clean and has had a few things done to neaten her up... im hping to fit a 636 tail to her and give her a shiny new coat of paint possibly reve red bull colors
not sure of her year as she is on a Q plate but i would say somewhere between 95-97 ?
when i get her ill post some better pics this one is a bit bad as its off me fone and i was more interested in lookin her over than grabbin the pics:)

i was looking on the net and came across this looks like its in the same shape as mine to give a better idea only difference been my front lights been side by side and the rear indicators are fitted in the cowl , other than that and the stickers they look like twins .... well kinda:coocoo

anyway off fer a mooch round the site hope to speak to you all soon!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Could be a 1994-1997 model so you're pretty spot on! Looking forward to some better pictures. We haven't got nearly enough old school sixes on the site :)

Welcome!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there arent many oldskool bikes around theyre all on ebay parted out or youtube crashing to smithereens
im a bit new to the kawi world has anyone any race color sudgestions.... pics would be gr8... i like the reve red bull and the nemesis but and there was a yellow kwaka team in 96 i think i liked im lookin on a new paintjob when i get her as she is just plain red with dynojet plastered all over her at the moment!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
race color? GREEN! :laugh
noooooooooooooooooooooo! every bloomin kwaka i see is green :O
want something different thats why i like the reve red bull ... but then i think it looks too yammie redbull now! i like plain white with limey green decals though:devious

ill more then likely bite the bullet and do it green hawk kawasaki tho:coocoo

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, i agree about green kwaka's mate! They are GREAT on TV, but too many on road!
How about some sort of RETRO 70-80's paint job on it?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Welcome out, Bro!
Its good to see someone still in love with th old stuff.:devious
Im loving the blue 85 GSXR!
Also cant wait to see the Bandit finished.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for the warm welcomes guys, unfortunately the gsxr is currently been sold to buy the zxr and the bandit im letting a friend have but will post his progress if u like :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thankinyou :)

jet black with green metalflake?
and green kawi decals

black/silver

green/black

which will look best?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Blue is a nice choice.....I hear their faster... lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah blue is the fastest color by far !

i think my mind is stook on the reve redbull blue kawi too! :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
agreed.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
been thinking about airbrushing today.... peinting the whole bike a nice deep blue than using many coats of laquer to get a good thick coating and having a dragon or some type of serpent aired on top of that and then laquer again.... the first coats of laquer should give the dragon/serpent the effect that it is floating off the bike, if i can plan the design of the dragon, then before the laquer is on i can figure where the shadowing would be and apply that before the laquer to give the ultimate 3d effect.... too bad i know not how to airbrush!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah ..... thats how id LIKE to do it but i cant airbrush so maybe best to look into it as id want a realistic lookking dragon done or then i may just race rep it, or just go deep blue for now and save up and find a good airbrusher

1 - 20 of 20 Posts