Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. Decided to make a dedicated track bike and found an 06 636 for a steal. Anything I should look out for with this thing?

Also have a KTM RC8, so you know I love to work on my own bikes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to see another 05/06 trackbike owner! Look out for a weak shift star spring...a Factory Pro shift star w/spring is a worth while investment.
Can’t wait to get it out there. It already had a PCV installed so I’m thinking qs as one of the first mods. Anything else that makes a difference on yours?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can’t wait to get it out there. It already had a PCV installed so I’m thinking qs as one of the first mods. Anything else that makes a difference on yours?
A full exhaust is a great foundation for power. But they are hard to find in good condition now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked up an 05 to set up for next year. I scored a used exhaust off Neonmarine just before you got here! just picked up a used PC3, my Plans include braided brake lines, a good brake bleed, coolant flush, valve adjustment, tank grips, fork service, maybe stiffer springs, air injection block off plates, Chain and sprockets so I know thier fresh, maybe gear it for more accel... if a cheap set of race fairings come my way I’m game. I feel like this is going to be a fun bike to hustle around the track!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts