Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Just recently purchased my 2010 zx-6r (Had 0 miles on it) and seriously I could not be happier. I love it!

I'm going to get rid of the fender and probably get an integrated taillight as well, anybody know good parts that'll fit?

Also, just within the first couple weeks of riding it around, I noticed something that I didn't come across on my last bike (Ninja 250), and that is: when I'm in 1st gear and either in traffic, or in a stop sign line just clutching and gassing along, sometimes when I pull in the clutch, the bike will stall. I've tried generally giving it a little more gas as I clutch in and still noticed it sometimes. I also had this happen mid-intersection during a turn when the guy in front of me braked. Anybody know what this is? It isn't super annoying, and like I said, it only happens sometimes. But I would like to know what that is.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on where you are in Colorado, its probably the altitude. The idle may need to be adjusted for the air density. I doubt the dealer would do it off the floor, so if its shipped from the factory at Sea level it would be slightly different. Theres roughly 13-15% less O2 at 6000Ft

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Welcome... and as stated... try starting with idle adjustment. :D

Have a groovy day!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm in the Denver/Fort Collins area mostly, and as of now I'm on break and the bike is up at my place at school so I'll adjust the idle and take pictures when I get back over there! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I agree with whats been said already, Just want to ask if its still got the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
It does, everything is still stock on it, but I do want to get that fender outta there ASAP.
Well if your spending most of your time @ a mile up, The mixture proly does need a lil tweaking.
Id talk to some local riders or find a local forum, see if they have had the same problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fort Collins?!? Me too dude. I ride a black and red 07 zx6r. I'm moving to Denver thought in the middle of December. Glad to see another Kawi around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oldninjadude, ill do that! Thanks! And Armur, sweet! Mine is also black and red! Ill be sure to stop and say whatsup if i see you around!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts