Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wanted to say hello. I have had a few different bikes in the past but just recently purchase an 05 zx6r. As usual I figured the best place to gain info on the bike would be a forum. So... With that said, i'm sure Ill have plenty of questions and appreciate any answers.

Thanks,

Jwrabec[/COLOR]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I have searched the site for info on cutting of the exhaust on the bike, however I havnt found much. Im the second owner and it appears the person before me took it upon himself to just "cut" off the stock muffler. Obviously not the best option, but do you think the lack of back pressure will be a big deal till I order a slip on??

-Jwrabec

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome. Its nice to see guys from Missouri on here.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Thanks! I have searched the site for info on cutting of the exhaust on the bike, however I havnt found much. Im the second owner and it appears the person before me took it upon himself to just "cut" off the stock muffler. Obviously not the best option, but do you think the lack of back pressure will be a big deal till I order a slip on??

-Jwrabec
Welcome.

A better pic of the exhaust would help.... but the short answer about back pressure is you are unlikely to change it much going from what is on there now, to a different slip on.

If the OEM header and collector box are still in place, the muffler after that is unlikely to have any true effect. The back pressure is either still there like it was designed to be, or it isn't.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the forum man. Idk where you are in Missouri, but there's a big group of us that ride here in Springfield. If you're close, come out and join us sometime.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome! Ill try to post more pictures to help out, but that is good news. Also to MOTOWN, I live closer to Kansas City, but i frequent Lake Of the Ozarks so Im sure I'll be around. I hit you guys up on here if Im headed that way. Thanks for the invite

-Jwrabec

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Boom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts