Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, New to this site and street riding in general, experienced on dirt bikes, this is my first street bike. Happy to be part of the Kawasaki culture.

Just your typical Michigan white boy from the burbs that spends his weekends with a wrench in his hand. Cultivated Disc Golfer and Matured guitarist, I read Batman comics with my morning breakfast.

My other ride is a "modded" Cobalt LT

I've owned the 09 ZX6R for just over a week now. Bought it from a dealership on a repo. The bike has,

Fender eliminator
Ohlins damper
Vortex sprocket and sliders
Power commander fuel injection module
What I think is a Megaphone slip on exhaust
And feels as though it's been lowered 2 inches

Oh, and not to mention only 1,800 miles. :devious

Please feel free to tell me about my pre-existing mods :O

Only plan on installing HIDs then :done

Thanks, Sambreezy

·
Registered
971 Posts
Welcome to the forums man. You live in the Royal Oak area I see. Not to far from me, I'm out near Algonac/St. Clair area. Theres a couple of other members on here that are in the area as well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sterling heights here. Welcome to the forums. At least everyone will hear you coming with that megaphone.

Reactions: Raven

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums man. You live in the Royal Oak area I see. Not to far from me, I'm out near Algonac/St. Clair area. Theres a couple of other members on here that are in the area as well.
Thanks Raven. Thats good to know, I need some riding buddies. I'm sure we'll/they might see other sometime at Thursday night bike nights in downtown RO.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I can tell the rear has been lowered but not sure how much, and you may not have noticed, but the front end has definitely been dropped too.

On the 09-12, the top triple sits almost flush with the forks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can tell the rear has been lowered but not sure how much, and you may not have noticed, but the front end has definitely been dropped too.

On the 09-12, the top triple sits almost flush with the forks.
Thanks for the information Sandman, Def did not notice the front end I'm clueless when it comes to lowering bikes. I stand 5'7 so the bike feels like a glove.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I would definitely bring it back up to stock. My bike is stock heigh + ~12mm of shims to lift the the rear up. The bike is built to be leaned ....and lowering the bike kills that :(

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Welcome! I'm on the other side of the state, but hope to make it over your direction a few times this summer to meet some of you other MI folk :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would definitely bring it back up to stock. My bike is stock heigh + ~12mm of shims to lift the the rear up. The bike is built to be leaned ....and lowering the bike kills that :(
Probably something I will eventually look into. At the moment I'm still afraid to lean :scared I'm sure that will go away with time and experience.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Raven and I will show you some roads to learn on. Royal Oak is a grid so its not helpful at all. There is also a practice course for the MSF course at stoney creek HS in Rochester. Painted lines so you can go there to learn and its just an open parking lot. Another painted course is at schoolcraft. Definitely return the bike to stock height though (in my opinion). Even though you're shorter stock height wont be bad for you.

Nitrus: Aren't we organizing a ride for you to meet us halfway? Some of the other guys are more west too so they should be coming also.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Don't listen to Raven, he's been drinking.

Reactions: Sambreezy and Raven

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Probably something I will eventually look into. At the moment I'm still afraid to lean :scared I'm sure that will go away with time and experience.
I'm 5'7. You won't have a problem with anything at stock height if you're doing things right. The bike is more fun when it it's leaned over :yes

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Nitrus: Aren't we organizing a ride for you to meet us halfway? Some of the other guys are more west too so they should be coming also.
That's the plan. We just have to get a weekend that looks like the weather will be nice :roll:

We'll be using this thread Michigan People Riding Yet as a way to organize and announce it once we get something set up, so subscribe if you're interested in joining

·
Registered
971 Posts
Raven and I will show you some roads to learn on. Royal Oak is a grid so its not helpful at all. There is also a practice course for the MSF course at stoney creek HS in Rochester. Painted lines so you can go there to learn and its just an open parking lot. Another painted course is at schoolcraft. Definitely return the bike to stock height though (in my opinion). Even though you're shorter stock height wont be bad for you.

Also Macomb Community College has MSF course set up in their parking lots as well.

@ shocker - too early to drink bro, pass the ganja!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts