Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ian I'm 22, I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh, PA. I grew up riding dirt and this is my 4th season riding street. I ride a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6-R (636). I'm currently training to be a MSF RiderCoach, I should be teaching next season! A typical day on the bike for me is about 300 miles of the twistiest roads I can find. I had plans to make it to the track this season, but it didn't happen.

I'm in school to become a mechanical engineer. I got a late start and I'm only in my second semester, but so far everything is working out.

I like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable about most aspects of motorcycling, I'm constantly learning and I'm very receptive to good advice.

A few quotes I live by:

"The feeling of accomplishment when finished always seems to surpass any frustrations that occurred during the process."

"To be smart you must answer the question, to become smart you must question the answer."

In Aug 06 I was involved in a hit and run accident. I broke my collar bone and shattered my femur. It took me about 6 months to be able to walk right, but I'm doing pretty well now.

Everyone thought my bike was totaled, but I had hope!

Most all the damage was cosmetic...$1000 later and it looks better than new!

I hope to be able share my knowledge with who ever is willing to listen, and I hope I can learn even more from everyone here.

Here are some pictures of my bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the site Ian! They did a good job on your bike, that's for sure. I bet the recovery from that accident was painful but it could have been worse, right? The bike looks awesome now! Glad to have you on the board :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They did a good job on your bike, that's for sure.
If you mean the person that caused the accident, then yeah they did a good job! :laugh

If you mean the person that put it back together and painted it then thanks, that was me! :)

Recovery sucked, I spent 2 weeks in the hospital in the worst pain I've ever been in (and I've been through some tough s**t). But yeah it could have been much worse. It was on of maybe 2-3 times in my life I was really scared, I didn't know what was wrong with my leg I just knew it was all twisted in ways it shouldn't bend.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome Ian, glad that you recovered, and I take it back what I said about white bikes on another thread, that bike looks sweet.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome and good to hear you doing good now and nice job on the bike too!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like your style mate..... I too had a nasty road crash,(smashed up leg etc) but if you love it you gotta gey back up and have another go.... bike looks good, you've done well.......actually you could almost be adopted by Australia with an attitude like yours!

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
welcome.

glad you came out of the accident ok, and...the bike looks sweet. I love the blue...but, you're a lot more unique with the white. very nice. i know a guy that goes to penn state..paul...you know him? haha, jk.

ride safe, and again, welcome

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where do you buy bike stuff at? I rode up from Fairmont, WV one Saturday and after an hour of going in circles I finally found "City Motorsports". I was not impressed. They had some nice gear and I was wanting to see an Icon Domain Decay helmet up close. Which they had but was really expensive.

I really got po'd when they tried to charge me $5.00 for a set of disposable foam ear plugs. Should have been about $.50, I questioned it and the guy dropped it to $1.00. I am glad I didn't spend much there, They are not honest.

So, is there a nice bike shop that has stuff for our bikes?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where do you buy bike stuff at? I rode up from Fairmont, WV one Saturday and after an hour of going in circles I finally found "City Motorsports". I was not impressed. They had some nice gear and I was wanting to see an Icon Domain Decay helmet up close. Which they had but was really expensive.

I really got po'd when they tried to charge me $5.00 for a set of disposable foam ear plugs. Should have been about $.50, I questioned it and the guy dropped it to $1.00. I am glad I didn't spend much there, They are not honest.

So, is there a nice bike shop that has stuff for our bikes?
Wow that really surprises me. I'm a regular at City MotorSorts and they've always treated me very well. Their prices are usually pretty good too. I got my GF a KBC helmet there for <$100 during their grand opening at the beginning of the summer. Their tire prices are the best I've been able to find. ~$280 for a set of Pilot Powers installed... the local dealer wanted ~$250 just for the rear.

The only other bike shop I really go to is called Road Rash. It's in Irwin, PA about 30 miles from the city. But honestly they are both about equal as far as prices and service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts