Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just want to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Toby and I'm in biloxi ms at the moment (military) and I just picked up a 2010 ZX6R. I'm new to most of this so anything tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for everything in advance

Toby

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey man welcome welcome!! Youll find a lot of usefull advise from your visits from time t time you just got to look for it! Everything is in this forum, but experience is going to be the best teacher make sure you take your time and you let experience teach you!

Again welcome and post some pics up!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! I live on a military base so the gear is a must at all times but that's not a problem I'd have it on regardless.

This is my new toy at the dealership the day I took it home

Attachments

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Looks beautiful.
Have you ridden much, or is this your first bike?

Like others have said, ATGATT. Not mil spec boots, but proper riding boots. And motorcycle jacket with armor, a good helmet, gloves at the bare minimum.

Welcome.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome. I live about 5 minutes south of camp Shelby's south gate. I am around an hour from you. Feel free to get with us and ride. Josh 601-596-2883

·
Registered
234 Posts
shes a beauty! great buy man

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys it is my first sport bike, I grew up in wi so I have ridden quite a bit but mostly off road. I look forward to getting out soon the weather here is beautiful compared to where I'm from lol

As for the bike it's a 2010 ZX6R and has precisely 2537 miles and I got it for a steal, it has bar ends, rear fender eliminator kit, different windscreen( not sure which one), frame sliders. Still has stock exhaust but hope to change that out soon, any advice on what sounds good on the zx6r?

Thanks for all the compliments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds great.
I had a jardine rt5 on mine before I wrecked it. It sounds and looks great. Not to loud and has a pretty deep tone. I think it is one of the better looking pipes. It also gets rid of the prechamber. It will be going back on soon. I had to tear it apart to pop a few dents out and a friend of mine threw away the packing. I just got some more in. Hopefully I can do it this weekend.

·
Registered
518 Posts
dress according to the weather, not the slide. don't be a pussy. if you ride within your limit and don't do stupid shit then you'll be alright. stupid meaning splitting lane at 60 mph when traffic is moving 10 cuz if someone cuts you off then you're fucked. don't listen to these people about all the gear all the time cuz you will burn in 100 degrees weather suited up.

common sense.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
You still in the Biloxi area?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts