Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
What do you know about the helmet??? brand name, snell rating, shield replacement availability etc...

sure the paint looks nice but the fit and function, quietness and safety are 1,000,000 times more important

Reactions: sbk1198

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you know about the helmet??? brand name, snell rating, shield replacement availability etc...

sure the paint looks nice but the fit and function, quietness and safety are 1,000,000 times more important
Quite frankly, as a GIFT, these things are unimportant to me as it’s the thought that counts. But for your well appreciated concerns for my safety, it is a Thailand/Philippines brand helmet that is current US DOT FMVSS 218 certified, common universal shield replacement however the paint on the hinges make it impossible to replace so it would be a clear/tinted one if replaced, since it’s winter time here, I haven’t had the chance to test the quietness on the road since it’s been well below freezing in the northern Midwest, but wearing it around, its quieter than my more expensive helmets I already own and fits 1000x better than any of them ever did brand new or worn. I’m glad for your concerns for my safety are voiced bc someone has to! 😂 Happy Holidays!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts