Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to say hi to everyone. Going to pick up my ZX6R this coming sat after serving my time on a 400..TBH i'm kinda nervous as i've never ridden a bike as fast, and everything i read about the new08 zx6 is all about speed..lol but hey its one hell of a bike..my work mate has a new zx10 and put the idea in my head of moving up to a zx6 and with kawazaki doing such good deals i had to do it..

·
Registered
311 Posts
kawasaki and such good deals?? I wish they had good deals around here. Im still recovering from the rape.....

post up pics asap..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just remember to pace yourself at first. The 400's power delivery is quite similar. They are both peaky and require rev's to move quickly. The transition should be a smooth one for you...

Good Luck and Welcome aboard!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, that's why this place exists...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
kawasaki and such good deals?? I wish they had good deals around here. Im still recovering from the rape.....

post up pics asap..
With you on that one! In fact someone should write a thread about Kawasaki's lil credit scam act........ I'm bored so what the hey

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Just remember to pace yourself at first. The 400's power delivery is quite similar. They are both peaky and require rev's to move quickly. The transition should be a smooth one for you...

Good Luck and Welcome aboard!

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, that's why this place exists...
+1!
+1!
+1!

Welcome out.
Make yourself at home.

I cant wait to see it and hear about your ride home.
Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice, and yeah from Manchester uk...the bike was a VFR400 (NC24) grey import from Japan, It was a really good little bike but i just got bored of it and like i said a few of my mates ride 10s and was sick of being well and truly left behind on the straights...lol..

The ride home is gonna be fun, new bike tyres that need scrubbing in and prob wet cold weather...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
its not fast unless you want it fast... if you just ride normal like a granny you probbly wont notice much of a difference.

Dont be scared... fear is your worse enemy...
of course over confidence is a bitch too lol

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
welcome mate. what color did you get and some pics could be nice too

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome, hope you got home safe and take time and care scrubbing those tyres in at this time of year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted a black one but then thought its gotta be green! So green it is, u guys in the states get a lot better colour choices then us brits..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts